Hyper Rabbit Power Go! (Hyper RPG), the new Twitch channel that covers the thriving Pacific Northwest gaming scene, started out strong by raising over $62,000 for The HALO Foundation this past weekend. In its first 48-hour marathon live broadcast, host and showrunner Zac Eubank presented an amazing array of Pacific Northwest gaming luminaries, including Xbox Godfather Ed Fries, Twitch personality Mrs5oooWatts, Penny Arcade’s Mike Fehlauer, YouTube personality Amelia Talon, game studio head Ryan Payton, industry veteran Mitch Gitelman, creative visionary Jordan Weisman, and many more.
The HALO Foundation is a worthy organization. It is a volunteer-driven, grassroots non-profit with 87 percent of donations going directly to programs. Currently, HALO supports 21 orphanages and programs in Uganda, Kenya, Mexico, India, Guatemala, Nicaragua and the United States.
During the Charity Stream, Hyper RPG unleashed a seemingly endless variety of game related craziness with the generous support and participation of Pacific Northwest gaming companies including Bungie, Penny Arcade, Privateer Press, Microsoft’s 343, Amazon Games. Wizards of the Coast, Harebrained Schemes, Valve, Catalyst Game Labs, Tinker House Games, Paizo Publishing, Red Hook Games, Uncles Games, Camouflaj, and Calliope Games.
Zac Eubank, the channel’s CEO, host, showrunner, was often seen in a white unicorn suit during the broadcast. Eubank said, “The outpouring of support from the gaming community both locally and globally was overwhelming and really confirms our mission to connect the creative energy of this part of the country with the global gaming community.”
The 48-hour broadcast also introduced the Twitch audience to Hyper RPG’s hard-working production team and talented hosts and their 40 hours of regularly scheduled audience participation gaming content, which premiered on February 29th.
Hyper RPG’s ambitious line-up includes shows such as:
- Rabbit Stew: The Daily Show meets Tech TV with some of our own spices thrown in the pot. Each weekday we bring our audience exclusive news surrounding the games industry and feature previews of some of the world’s most anticipated games hailing from Seattle.
- Trivia Hops: Three teams consisting of in-house talent, guest developers and lucky community members face off on head-to-head trivia. Who can hold their own as the ridiculousness intensifies along with the levels of inebriation?
- Death From Above: In anticipation of the 2017 release of Harebrained Schemes’ BATTLETECH, we’ve created a whole new way to experience MechWarrior demolition. This unique RPG is split into two parts. Part 1: An expansive intergalactic story sending a group of reluctant heroes out to claim powerful tech lost throughout the ages. Part 2: Our team faces rotating special guests and a unique form of tabletop BattleTech– our custom 3D printed ‘Mechs experience real damage and the fear of permadeath. Audience members are able to affect the game Hunger Games-style by sending in repair crews and/or weapon attachments.
- WTF Is This?: Two of our in-house comedians play through some of the most universally accepted messed up and crazy games. Upon completion they will record a podcast on air featuring those who may have been close to the project.
- Shadowrun: Corporate SINs: We teamed up with Discord and Catalyst Game Labs to bring a fresh and innovative take on the Shadowrun 5th ed. Tabletop RPG. Audience members are encouraged to join one of the ten corporations bidding their power for world domination. Corporations are able to communicate with the game master, sending our Shadowrunners on missions to bring down those who may oppose them.
- Future/Retro: We take the audience on an explorative journey through what will be and what once was. Future: Seattle’s leading innovators stop by to show off advancements in video game technology. Retro: Game Over Games brings by some of their favorite forgotten hardware. Hopefully we won’t have to blow on any cartridges.