The next game in SEGA’s Sonic the Hedgehog series will be exclusive to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, with Nintendo President Satoru Iwata announcing details of a worldwide partnership with SEGA during a new Nintendo Direct video announcement today. Sonic Lost World is a new action-adventure platforming game, and more information about it will be announced before the E3 2013 video game trade show begins on 11th June.
The Nintendo Direct also announced a new addition to the Mario & Sonic series, the first appearance for the series on Wii U, as well as revealing launch dates for Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 and New Super Luigi U.
“We’re delighted to be forming this new partnership with SEGA, and bringing new games in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise to Nintendo systems,” said Laurent Fischer, Managing Director of European Marketing and PR at Nintendo of Europe. “We hope fans are as excited as we are when more details will be shown closer to E3.”
To view the Nintendo Direct in its entirety, visit http://nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect.
Today’s Wii U announcements included:
· Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games: The game includes a variety of sports including curling, skiing, snowboarding, figure skating pairs and snowboard slopestyle. Different events might use the Wii Remote Plus controller, Wii U GamePad or both. In addition to realistic events, the game also includes those set in the worlds of Sonic and Mario that let players perform moves not possible in real life. Launch details and timing will be announced at a later date.
· New Super Luigi U: The Year of Luigi-themed downloadable content for New Super Mario Bros. U offers players 82 updated courses. But it also includes a new playable character in multiplayer mode, Nabbit, who steals items from Toad Houses. New Super Luigi U will be released as downloadable content for New Super Mario Bros. U on Nintendo eShop on 20th June. But in honour of the Year of Luigi, Nintendo is also offering a standalone packaged version of New Super Luigi U that doesn’t require New Super Mario Bros. U, available for a limited period and due for release on 26th July.
· The Wonderful 101: The superhero action adventure from Platinum Games launches on 23rd August. More details about the game will be released gradually between now and launch.
· Pikmin 3: New playable characters Alph, Brittany and Charlie are to take over from Olimar, the main character who appeared in previous Pikmin games. Another announcement is the use of the GamePad (known as the KopPad in the game), where players can view the overall map and grasp what each character and Pikmin are up to. Pikmin 3 is coming to Europe on July 26th.
· Game & Wario: The game launches across Europe on 28th June, and includes 16 games that use the GamePad in different ways. Newly revealed games include: ISLANDS, which lets two to five people launch little creatures called Fronks onto islands in the sea to score points; PATCHWORK, a puzzle game that tests players’ pattern-recognition skills; and KUNG-FU, which challenges players to help Young Cricket navigate a course safely using the forward-looking view on the TV and the top-down view on the GamePad. A new Iwata Asks feature just published offers more details about the game at http://nintendo.co.uk/iwataasks.
· RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS: Capcom’s survival horror game is launching in stores and on Nintendo eShop on 24th May. The game originally released for Nintendo 3DS, and the Wii U version offers players updated HD graphics, GamePad controls and new game content. The game is Miiverse-compatible, and a demo version is currently available on Nintendo eShop.
A separate Nintendo Direct sharing further news on future Wii U content will be aired around the time of E3.
For assets please visit – http://assetslibrary.nintendo.co.uk/
Nintendo Direct Presentation
RESIDENT EVIL™ REVELATIONS – Trailer (Wii U)
Game & Wario – Trailer (Wii U)
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here