As you may know, the gorgeous 2D brawler WULVERBLADE – previously featured on Nintendo’s Nindies Showcase – is arriving on the Nintendo Switch eShop *very* soon: We’re pleased to announce that the game is officially launching Thursday, October 12 🙂
Wulverblade brings back the glory days of Golden Axe, Sengoku, and Knights of the Round with over 8 varied levels filled with sharp blades, enemy hordes, and blood-soaked arenas. Slice through the invading Roman Legions in graphic detail on your own – or enlist a friend for the slaughter in two-player co-op!
STORY & GAMEPLAY
The Roman Empire is about take control of the north of Britannia and quash the last remaining tribes – and you must stop them dead in their tracks! Play as either Caradoc, Brennus or Guinevere – members of a family originating in the northern tribe of the Caledonii. This family of warriors has been the guardian of the most northerly tribes of Britannia for generations. The Romans have invaded Britain and conquered all that lies before them… until now.
Defend the homeland from the Roman army with strength, courage and a healthy number of wolves. Unleash deadly combos and devastating finishers to turn the tide of battle as you fight through eight scenic levels. Explore a rich, historically inspired story filled with all-out mayhem, manic action, and plenty of murder in this faithful homage to classic side-scrolling beat ‘em ups.
- Immerse yourself in breathtaking 2D cinematic artwork.
- Explore 8 gloriously detailed levels set around northern Britannia.
- Battle the enemy using a refined combat system.
- Experience a rich historical and cultural storyline told through stunning animated shorts.
- Take in a powerful soundtrack from sound designers who worked on The Dark Knight Rises and Wrath of the Titans
- Enjoy a variety of thoroughly engaging unlockable features.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Wulverblade will be available on the Nintendo Switch eShop Thursday, October 12 for $19.99.