Sublevel Zero Redux is a revisit of the 2015 PC 6-degree-of-freedom shooter, remastered for Xbox One and Playstation 4 with new content and features. Sublevel Zero draws inspiration from games such as Descent as well as modern roguelikes, and upon its release in late 2015 was met with both critical and commercial success.
Planned for release in Q4, Sublevel Zero Redux is the first Descent-like game on consoles in over a decade, and brings a unique combination of vehicular combat and roguelike mechanics. Players take control of a lone gunship pilot and descend unto a vast underground facility, fighting through procedurally generated zero gravity environments in order to loot and craft new technology to upgrade your arsenal and ultimately help you to escape.
New Features and Additions
- Improved Campaign – Rebalanced and extended so everyone can get the most out of Sublevel Zero’s fluid gameplay, while ensuring hardcore players can get the brutally challenging roguelite experience they crave.
- New Unlocks and Extras – More rewards for playing well, and new secrets to uncover.
- New Enemies – New and tougher bad guys will keep even veterans on their toes.
- Enemy Bestiary – Unlock tactical data as you fight the hordes of bots intent upon your destruction.
- Expanded Procedural Generation – A huge increase in variety for level generations means you’ll always be finding something new
Sublevel Zero – Redux will receive its first public showing on 18th and 19th August at Gamescom 2016, Cologne, Germany.