Award-winning veteran games developer and international games label and Cambridge based independent developer Ghost Town Games are proud to announce that their chaotic couch co-op cooking game Overcooked was awarded both Best British Game and Best Family Game at the 2017 BAFTA Games Award which took place in London last night, 6th April 2017.
“We are incredibly thankful to the BAFTA Games Awards. This comes as a complete surprise and we are thrilled to win the Best Family Game and Best British Game awards. We would like to thank everyone at Team17, our friends, our families and everyone who has supported us in our journey.
It’s been a crazy few years but it’s been extremely humbling to see so many friends and strangers come together to play our game. Thank you all so much,” said Phil Duncan, Co-Founder and Designer, Ghost Town Games
Overcooked allows gamers to play solo or engage in classic, chaotic couch co-op for up to four players in both co-operative and competitive challenge modes. Working as a team, you and your fellow chefs must prepare, cook and serve up a variety of tasty orders. Sharpen your knives and dust off your chef’s whites, there isn’t mushroom for error and the steaks are high in these crazy kitchens!
- 28 standard campaign levels plus an additional introductory level and final boss to conquer!
- Local co-op play for 1 to 4 players across all campaign levels!
- 9 versus levels to go head to head locally with either 2 or 4 players
- A range of different and unusual kitchens to play across with different recipes to master, cook soup, burritos, burgers and fish and chips
- 11 achievements/trophies to cook up
Overcooked is available to download for Xbox One via the Xbox Games Store, PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store and for PC via Steam for just £12.99 / $16.99 / 15,99 €. A Nintendo Switch version will be released later in 2017.