Award-winning veteran games developer and international games label Team17 and Cambridge based independent dev duo Ghost Town Games have today revealed that their delicious couch co-op cooking game Overcooked will be released next month for Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and PC.
Play solo or engage in classic, chaotic couch co-op for up to four players in both co-operative and competitive challenge modes. Working as a team, you and your fellow chefs must prepare, cook and serve up a variety of tasty orders. Sharpen your knives and dust off your chef’s whites, there isn’t mushroom for error and the steaks are high in these crazy kitchens!
In the campaign you’ll have to travel across space and thyme, quite literally, on your quest to become the ultimate top chef capable of saving the endangered Onion Kingdom! Take on a wide range of unusual kitchens including street festivals, pirate ships, food trucks, haunted houses, frozen realms, fiery volcanoes and outer space! You’ll have to cook a range of different dishes and work together in order to become the most effective and ultimate team. Gouda luck!
- 28 standard campaign levels plus an additional introductory level and final boss to conquer!
- Local co-op play for 1 to 4 players across all campaign levels!
- 9 versus levels to go head to head locally with either 2 or 4 players
- A range of different and unusual kitchens to play across with different recipes to master, cook soup, burritos, burgers and fish and chips
- 14 different chefs to play as!
- 11 achievements to cook up
Overcooked is available to pre-order on PS4 via the European PlayStation Store* now and will be available to pre-order for PC via Steam from 6pm BST today. Xbox One owners will be able to pre-order Overcooked via the Xbox Games Store from the 20th July.
Overcooked will be available to download on the 3rd August for Xbox One via the Xbox Games Store, PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store and for PC via Steam for just £12.99 / $16.99 / 15,99 €.
[*] Please note pre-order is territory dependent, please check your local digital store.