ORBIT’s ODYSSEY, a wild take on the strategy puzzle genre which will be launching next week on Android, iOS, and Amazon Appstore:
As you can see from the trailer, Orbit’s Odyssey features incredible papier-mâché-like graphics and a really fun, “planet portal” mechanic that will have you teleport from hemisphere to hemisphere — or across TWO intertwined celestial bodies! — to beat each level within the allotted time. The game goes way beyond racing against the clock, though: You also must quickly determine each planet’s spacetime oddities to avoid getting hit by enemies. Otherwise, you’re in for a shocking surprise 🙂
Visit unique planets and satellites, some with their own gravitational spin — making it even trickier to get away from evil robot monsters. Discover dual planets with portals that transport Orbit from one planet to the next as you figure out ever more complex patterns. Collect coins and gems to advance, and unlock more characters — including the aptly named “Cookie”!
HOW TO PLAY
- Touch the screen to run across the planet’s surface.
- Avoid the menacing army of replicating robot monsters.
- Use your brain (and fingers!) to travel through planet portals.
- The planet’s rotation and each portal’s “exit” define if you run left or right
- Collect coins and Gemstones as fast as you can to beat the clock!
On the other side of the sun, a peaceful planet known as Planet X thrives … until the fateful day when the parasitic robotic space zombies (PRSZs) mount their attack. Hungry for power and endless energy, the robotic space zombies target the peaceful planet’s core — which is made up of Gemstones so potent that even the smallest shard can provide enough power for generations. The link between the powerful core and the planet’s life force is severed as the PRSZs harvest the gems … leaving Planet X doomed to a future of darkness – unless the most unlikely of heroes, a tiny space traveler named Orbit, can save it.
- Experience a skillful mix of papier-mâché with more traditional 3D animation
- Meet 5 compelling characters and face terrifying robot monsters
- Explore 90 challenging levels featuring a huge variety of puzzles
- Traverse planets using innovative “orbital” navigation for more compelling puzzle-solving action
- Earn up to 100 stars in each level; collect coins and precious gems as fast as you can to unlock new characters!
- Solve puzzles that play with the concept of space and time
- Control your character using a single button; no swiping required!
Orbit’s Odyssey will be available to download from the App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Appstore on April 20th for only $2.99.