To arms, soldiers of Auraxis! The PlanetSide 2 World Domination Series (PS2WDS) pre-season has started. The five-week event will see PlanetSide 2 players worldwide compete for imperial dominance on the planet of Auraxis. Valuable prizes await the most successful players and teams. Which of the three empires will ultimately win the struggle: the Terran Republic, the Vanu Sovereignty, or the New Conglomerate? If you haven’t chosen a faction yet, use the PlanetSide 2 questionnaire to get a recommendation.When will the PS2WDS take place?
• Started: Monday, September 16, 2013
• Finishes: Monday, October 21, 2013
• Each week starts Mondays at 9 p.m. CET
What is the PS2WDS?
• For the duration of the WDS, players of PlanetSide 2 are encouraged to complete weekly challenges in order to raise their empire to the dominant force on Auraxis
• The current imperial leader is chosen every week
• At the end of the fifth week, the empire with the highest score is declared the overall winner
• The total score is calculated across all servers, and players get to choose freely from among their server favorites
• Special stats on the official event website indicate the current total score and the rankings on the individual servers
• Every active participant in the event belonging to the week’s winning team receives valuable in-game bonuses
• The event takes place worldwide for the duration of five weeks
The players’ primary objective for the pre-season is territorial control, i.e. keeping conquered territories under the rule of their own empire for as long as possible.
• An empire is awarded three points for every hour that it successfully holds and defends a territory
• Small outposts generate an extra point per hour
• Large outposts generate an extra two points per hour
• Each captured facility provides the controlling empire with another five points per hour
• Every week, all active players of the winning faction are awarded a three-day experience booster (+50%)
• At the end of the pre-season, all active members of the winning faction receive unique empire decals and an exclusive character title
All the information, always up-to-date
The rankings are updated in real-time during the event and reflect the progress of each empire across the individual servers. Players can sort their scores by season, week, and day. All relevant details regarding the PlanetSide 2 World Domination Series are available to view at: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/wds
Moreover, there will be weekly summaries and live streams at: http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2
The battle never ends
The pre-season is only a prelude to the World Domination Series, further seasons with varying objectives and rewards are already planned for the near future. If you have any suggestions that you really want us to consider for the upcoming seasons, you are always welcome to provide feedback through the official forum: http://en.planetside2.eu/forum/planetside-2-en–f3072/
The story: battle for Auraxis
In PlanetSide 2, players take on the roles of warriors fighting in massive science-fiction battles for dominance on the distant planet of Auraxis. Not just dozens, but thousands of soldiers face each other on foot, with a variety of armoured vehicles, and in heavily armed aircraft. The continuous war between the Vanu Sovereignty, the New Conglomerate and the Terran Republic rages amongst the ice, deserts and wastelands on three huge continents. Each individual soldier has a multitude of roles at their disposal which the player can improve continuously. Every fighter can be a valuable part of an unending epic battle in the vast world of PlanetSide 2. PlanetSide 2 demands tactics, teamwork and communication, promotes clan-building and brings communities together throughout the world.
The free-to-play MMOFPS PlanetSide 2 is available to download free of charge or purchase from stores in a retail edition that will provide the buyers with a high financial added value. The PC retail edition includes a golden machine gun for each of the three empires as well as a seven-day +50% XP booster, an additional Battle Buddy Boost of +50% XP for three days, and 1,000 Seven Cash worth £7.00.
PlanetSide 2 can now be ordered from Amazon at a recommended retail price of £7.99 (incl. VAT).
The contents of the retail version of PlanetSide 2 will be redeemable through all active PlanetSide 2 accounts from ProSiebenSat.1 Games and Sony Online Entertainment.
For more information about PlanetSide 2 please visit: http://planetside2.eu/en
PlanetSide 2 is a Free-to-Play Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter (MMOFPS), offering enormous battles, distinct empires to rally around, and enormous continents where intense ground and air combat unfolds. Across the continents of Auraxis, thousands of players come together to win control of critical territories and key resources for their empire. With a an extensive skill tree and free-form class-based system, players are able to customize their soldier, weapons and vehicles to match their play-style, as well as the needs of their squad, outfit or empire. Developed with SOEs proprietary MMO game engine called Forgelight™, PlanetSide 2 offers a truly competitive and visceral FPS experience with massive warfare, massive customization and massive community.
About ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH
The games publisher ProSiebenSat.1 Games is a subsidiary of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group focusing on the licensing and marketing of online and mobile games, as well as the acquisition of games partners throughout Europe. The company’s portfolio includes, among others, S4 League, Maestia, and Florensia, as well as Europe-wide licenses to several games from Sony Online Entertainment, including DC Universe™ Online, EverQuest® II, PlanetSide® 2 and the sequel to the EverQuest® franchise.
About Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, DC Universe™Online, and the recently launched PlanetSide®2, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath, PlanetSide and Free Realms are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.