Kids Can Now Explore Pokémon-themed Activities at Pokémon Camp, A Free App Available for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
The Pokémon Company International Launches a Free, Engaging Experience Introducing the Pokémon Universe
The Pokémon Company International today announced the launch of the free Pokémon Camp application for iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch® devices running iOS 7 or later. Kids can begin their journey to Pokémon Camp and explore the island’s numerous interactive Pokémon-themed activities as they learn what it takes to become a Pokémon Trainer. Along the way, they will engage themselves in the Pokémon universe and learn about the many Pokémon that inhabit it. Campers can begin their adventure now by downloading the free Pokémon Camp app at the Apple App StoreTM: AppStore.com/camppokemon.
Campers will travel to Pokémon Camp in a cinematic animated sequence that showcases the beautiful island on which they will begin their adventure. After being welcomed by Pokémon Camp counsellors, campers can explore and participate in several interactive Pokémon-themed activities, like Poké Ball Throw and Find the Pokémon, which allow campers to earn and collect nearly 100 Pokémon Pins for their virtual Pin Book. Other activities help campers learn about Pokémon Evolution chains and type matchups. By completing activities, campers can earn Rewards that are added to the Pin Book and unlock new levels in many of the activities around the island.
Campers can also create photo memories by virtually stepping into the Pokémon Camp Photo Booth, where they can take and save photos of themselves using their device’s camera and decorate the pictures with Pokémon-themed stickers they earn by participating in the camp’s many activities.
“Kids will have a blast exploring Pokémon Camp as they discover the Pokémon universe in a fun, interactive setting,” said J.C. Smith, director of Consumer Marketing for The Pokémon Company International. “Parents will also love joining in the fun as they watch their little campers participate in activities and create memories at the virtual Pokémon island.”
Fun Pokémon Camp app activities include:
- Find the Pokémon: Use a spyglass to search for virtual Pokémon and earn their Pins. Earn Rewards to unlock new levels and search for other Pokémon in different environments.
- Poké Ball Throw: Launch Poké Balls at cardboard cutouts of Pokémon hiding in the grass and knock them down. Earn Rewards to unlock the Rock and Water environments.
- Pokémon Evolutions: Test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions by choosing the correct Pokémon missing from the Evolution chain.
- Battle Matchups: Practice type matchups, an important skill in Pokémon battles, by choosing which type is strong against the given Pokémon.
- Pokémon in Focus: Choose the Pokémon that matches the shadow projected on the tent.
- My Cabin: In this home base, campers can find their Pin Book, Photo Book, and Bulletin Board.
- Photo Booth: Create camp memories by taking photos with the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch camera, adding stickers to the images, and saving the pictures to the app’s Photo Book or the Camera Roll on the camper’s device.
- Mystery Cave: What could be hiding in the Mystery Cave? To find out, campers will need to earn the right to enter!
To connect with Pokémon online,