Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast available in stores on August 14
Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast is the latest expansion to the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise and will be available in stores on August 14, 2013, bringing over 100 new cards to collect and play.
Key Features of the Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast Expansion:
- Team Plasma cards—A unique blue border and Team Plasma shield adorn each Team Plasma card
- Six new Pokémon-EX cards and five full-art Pokémon-EX rare Ultra cards—New, powerful Pokémon-EX include Genesect-EX, Kyurem-EX, Palkia-EX, and Dialga-EX
- Four new ACE SPEC cards—Incredibly powerful Trainer cards. Only one ACE SPEC card is allowed in each player’s deck
- Booster packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion
- Theme decks—60-card pre-constructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
Black & White—Plasma Blast theme decks and booster packs include an in-pack code card that unlocks virtual cards from the Black & White—Plasma Blast expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at www.pokemon.co.uk/tcgo.
Pokémon Trading Card Game
The Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) is a best-selling collectible and competitive trading card game. In the competitive Pokémon TCG, each player constructs a deck of 60 cards and uses it to battle against other players in fast-paced, strategy-oriented play. Since the debut of the Pokémon TCG in 1996, more than 20 billion cards have been shipped to 73 countries around the world.
Play! Pokémon provides opportunities for Pokémon TCG and video game players to enjoy their favourite games together—from casual Pokémon League gatherings to competitive events that make up the Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game Championship Series. The Championship Series culminates each year in the Pokémon World Championships, where players from more than 30 countries battle for the title of Pokémon World Champion in three different age divisions. The 2013 Pokémon World Championships will take place this August in Vancouver, B.C.
New to Play! Pokémon? Check out a Pokémon League in your area! Pokémon Leagues are strong communities of Pokémon TCG and video game players around the world, and groups can be found in cities and towns in many countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Mexico, the United Kingdom, the United States, and others. Pokémon Leagues are a great way to play casually and trade with others! During 2012, nearly 40,000 people participated in over 1,100 Pokémon League locations across the globe. For more information about Play! Pokémon and finding a Pokémon League in your area, please visit pokemon.co.uk/play.