Camel 101’s futuristic real-time tactics game launches on Steam today with a brand new trailer to celebrate
The fate of the galaxy lies in the balance and the infamous Black Talons Mercenary company is at your command. Decide which side you take and prepare to drop into battle, as Kasedo Games is excited to celebrate the release of Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons – which is out today to download through Steam on PC and SteamOS. The planet of Genai is overrun by the militarist Tsarist Union and it’s down to you to defend against the invaders and recapture what was lost. Form specialized units to deal with threats strategically, create & resupply entire armies or call in the powerful mechs of war to turn the tide of battle. A brand new launch trailer for Black Talons has also been released today: watch it below and prepare yourself for the future of tactical warfare.
Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons is out today to download via Steam on PC and SteamOS for £14.99/€19.99/$19.99. A boxed version of the game will also be released via retail on the 23rd of January – for more information please visit www.kasedogames.com.
A devastating war has torn the galaxy apart. Dozens of planets and star systems have declared independence or forged new alliances, while governments fall and warlords rise to power. Chaos and corruption are everywhere and so to maintain order and negotiate peace between the ruling factions, private mercenary armies are called to action.
You are commander of the Black Talons company, currently stationed in the Oberon system. After a fierce campaign, the military Tzanar Union has overrun the planet of Genai and blocked all departure from the system: leaving you and the Black Talons stranded. The only means of escape is to help the Genai forces repel the invading army and recapture the planet.
Features of Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons
- Extensive campaign mode where the actions of the player have a direct impact on the local system’s balance of power
- Persistent and fully customizable squads
- Various unit classes with specialized roles and their own distinctive set of weapons, abilities and skill trees
- 5 worlds with differing environments and weather conditions that directly affect battle
- Powerful mechs can enter the battlefield and turn the tide of combat
- Customize and upgrade your base with weapons and infrastructure that will boost squad numbers, teleport soldiers or even bombard the battlefield
- Faction relations influence a player’s progress throughout the game: either by giving access to unique units or interfering with missions