Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions are coming 1st December. These versions will allow gameplay in 4K and up to 120 fps, depending on the mode chosen by the players (performance or resolution), with many other improvements. Players will be able to upgrade their version on the same family of devices at no extra cost.* More than five years after its initial release, this launch on next-gen consoles is a momentous step in the continuous support of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
Current players on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will be able to keep their progression, and also upgrade their game at no extra cost on the same family of devices. Cross-generation play is also available within the same family of devices, allowing PlayStation 5 players to face PlayStation 4 players, and Xbox One players to face Xbox Series X|S players. Cross-play between different families of consoles or between PC and consoles is not currently supported.
Players on next-gen consoles will be able to experience Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege with the highest graphical enhancements the game has yet to offer. These enhancements will offer multiple options for prioritising either performance or resolution, granted players are equipped with a compatible device:
- 4K resolution (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X) / 1080p (Xbox Series S)
- 120 fps (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X)
- DualSense wireless controller capabilities for even deeper immersion (PlayStation 5)
- Activities support for the most popular playlists so players can dive into the game faster (PlayStation 5)
The following features are also being implemented for an enhanced next-gen experience on all platforms:
- Better accessibility (readability options, text to speech and speech to text)
- Quick start (optimised login flow, streamlined intro sequence)
- Ubisoft Connect overlay
This next generation of hardware provides the latest tech and features available, and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege will keep improving to leverage all the new opportunities afforded by these new platforms.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here