Two-man independent development team Adam McLellan and Ricardo Chirino have announced that their latest title, Operation Hardcore, has successfully completed Early Access and is transitioning to full release.
Operation Hardcore is an action-packed 2D side-scrolling shooter inspired by classic twitchy action games of yesteryear, but with modern touches and conveniences.
- fight your way past enemies using a range of weapons
- double-jump your way around obstacles and hazards
- activate your traditional plasma-based shield to deflect enemy fire
- drink some whiskey to slow time and increase damage (…at the expensive of mental clarity)
- strap on a jetpack and get airborne for some classic forced-scrolling challenges
- collect coins to purchase items, weapons and upgrades between levels
- meet or beat level par times to earn yourself a brag-worthy Badass Rank(™)
- grab a friend for some friendly and/or competitive 2 player local co-op
- 12 levels of fiery, bloody, explosive-y alien-blasting mayhem
- 4 playable badasses
- analog controls for precise 360 degree aiming
- modern sound design and electronic soundtrack by Snug
- intense 2 player local co-op
- modern particle/atmospheric and lighting effects
- multiple difficulty settings, upgrade paths and secret areas
- achievements and unlockables for the overachieving, enterprising badass
Operation Hardcore is available for Windows via Steam at a price of $5.99 USD. The game will enter full release with a launch discount of 25% off the base game and OST, and 35% off the deluxe edition.