Kalypso Media and bitComposer Games are pleased to release a new trailer for Jagged Alliance: Crossfire, the tactical-RPG that puts players in control of a private military corporation. In Jagged Alliance: Crossfire, players will recruit, train and equip mercenary teams as they fight to free the country of Khanpaa from enemy forces. The treacherous mountain terrain of Khanpaa provides all new challenges for fans of Jagged Alliance and their merc teams, as players battle to retake Khanpaa, sector-by-sector and inch by inch.
Kalypso Media will release Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in the UK and Export Territories on 24th August, 2012.
Jagged Alliance: Crossfire is a stand-alone expansion to the hit tactical RPG Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. Crossfire adds new mercenaries, new environments and new weapons to challenge the player’s battlefield planning skills, while offering a combination of humorous dialog and realistic combat that fans have come to expect from the series’ decade-long history.
Khanpaa, a peaceful and tranquil nation, is being held in the terrifying iron grip of a group of paid mercenaries…yet the United Nations looks the other way. UN ambassador Behnam Atiqullah tries to help his home country, but there is not much he can do. Military intervention from a major world power seems not to be an option and Khanpaa appears all alone…
That’s where you come in! As the strategic genius behind your own personal Private Military Corporation, you’ve offered to help by bringing in your team of skilled mercenaries to retake the tormented nation of Khanpaa! Help the oppressed people by hiring a team of hardened guns-for-hire and prepare for battle in treacherously frozen mountain badlands. Along the way, discover why Khanpaa has been turned into a bloody battlefield and who aims to truly profit.
Features of Jagged Alliance: Crossfire:
- Tactical combat at its finest, using the enhanced “Plan n Go” system of plotting your team’s moves strategically, then executing them in nail-biting real time
- 10 new mercenaries round out your team, completing a roster of more than 50 distinct combatants with unique skills, weaknesses and quirky personalities
- 10 new maps set in the unforgiving, frozen countryside of the mountain nation of Khanpaa, will challenge your planning skills — rocky mountain terrain, narrow valleys and icy cliffs will provide new cover opportunities, chokepoints and offer optimum ambush points
- 15+ hours of gameplay across a brand new standalone campaign with a broad variety of missions
- New weapons, enemies and equipment – supplies are scarce, and your mercenaries will have to make the most of outdated weapons, limited supplies and equipment
- Enjoy the Jagged Alliance series as never before with vastly improved graphics, enhanced AI behavior, optional line-of-sight/fog of war, a polished interface and numerous performance and gameplay updates