RIFT’s upcoming premium expansion, Starfall Prophecy, kicks off its Open Beta today enabling gamers to experience all of the expansion’s new content at no cost. Starfall Prophecy, RIFT’s first premium DLC since going free-to-play in 2013, will be available starting at £30.49 when it officially launches on November 16. During Open Beta, the five huge new zones, two new dungeons, new level cap, and new Fortress Sieges are accessible to new and existing players. Players can also enjoy the recently implemented Multicore and 64-bit technology improvements, which deliver up to 50% improvement in frame rates as well as greater stability.
“This is a great opportunity for players to jump into any or all of five massive new regions that are completely uncharted — and at the same time help shape the expansion in the final stages of development,” said Chris Junior, RIFT Game Director at Trion. “This expansion is a direct response to player demand, and we’re excited to see how players explore and experience all the new content.”
Major enhancements in Starfall Prophecy allow players to:
- Explore a Brave New World – Blaze new trails with five massive new zones, two new dungeons to explore, and one new raid in Starfall Prophecy. Participating in Raids has never been easier with the new Looking for Raid system, and the new Personal Loot system ensures players always get the best items for their class.
- Build Your Perfect Character – Starfall Prophecy increases the player level cap to 70, adds a new crafting tier, more guild levels, and allows players to gain Legendary Powers, which build upon the game’s unique Soul system and offers even more customization options. New, special types of equipment called Eternal Items have also been added, and new Planar Fragments will allow players to further empower their gear.
- Wage Massive Battles – For the first time, players can take part in Fortress Sieges, open-world battles that increase in complexity and size, spanning from solo battles, to groups, to even Raids. Players will also be able to jump into instant adventures whilst in the heart of a Rift through the new Rift Assault Adventures.
RIFT Starfall Prophecy premium content is available for pre-order on the Starfall Prophecy page. Two editions are available to players, including:
- Standard Edition: £30.49 – Contains Instant Level 65 boost, Starfall Prophecy content across all character
- Deluxe Edition: £45.99 – Contains everything from the Standard edition along with an Ethereal Drake Mount, Asha Catari’s Raiment and the Ring of Ahnket character portrait.
RIFT is Trion World’s wildly successful, fantasy free-to-play MMO. Originally launched in March 2011, RIFT puts players into the role of the Ascended as they fight to defend the elemental world of Telara and cleanse the world of the threat of dragons. Now celebrating its five year anniversary, RIFT continues to thrive with more updates to come.