- The Game Now Includes New Progression System and a Complete Set of New Features
- Robust Piece-by-Piece Builder and Updated Peeps Based on Community Feedback
- Discount as Game Leaves Early Access
Atari®, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, today announced that the full version of RollerCoaster Tycoon World™ will launch on November 16, 2016. The theme park simulation and building game is the newest PC installment of the world-renowned RollerCoaster Tycoon® series, introducing completely new gameplay and innovative enhancements to fan-favorite features. Now including a piece-by-piece builder, new progression system, and updated peeps, the RollerCoaster Tycoon World launch incorporates features developed based on community feedback and comes with exclusive gifts for Early Access supporters. Check out the piece-by-piece builder in the latest video:
Developed by Nvizzio Creations, RollerCoaster Tycoon World is launching after a little more than seven months in Early Access, during which the community provided crucial input to help shape the final details of the game. In appreciation for their continued support and feedback, fans who purchased and played during Early Access will be gifted exclusive in-game perks including the Pendulum Flat Ride and Candy Shop.
“Early Access provided a platform to connect with the community and bring to life all the features, functionality and fun the Atari and Nvizzio Creations teams have dreamed up,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “Recapturing the spirit of the RollerCoaster Tycoon series was our foremost priority, and we look forward to sharing this new installment with the millions of RollerCoaster Tycoon fans on November 16th.”
Key gameplay features being introduced at launch include:
- Piece-by-Piece Builder: Create custom buildings and scenery from more than 260 unique pieces. Pair with the user-generated content (UGC) system to build one-of-a-kind tiles and the possibilities are limitless. Share with the rest of the RollerCoaster Tycoon World community through Steam Workshop, or check out the creations of others to make the most unique park possible.
- Progression System: New story mode brings short and long-term missions to keep the amusement going. With three chapters and 30 missions available in the Standard Edition and five chapters and 40 missions in the Deluxe Edition, players can work their way through many challenges to reach Tycoon status.
- New Peeps and VIPeeps: Peeps have been completely revamped and remodeled in the game. Parks will now be populated with a diverse and vibrant collection of dynamic peeps – riding rides, buying cotton candy, and having the time of their lives. VIPeeps are special peeps full of personality and style, who will have some very specific needs.
- New User Interface: The main menu and User Interface has been updated, offering a streamlined, seamless navigation experience. Now players can quickly jump back into their saved parks, create a new park, and check out the most popular items currently available in the Social Hub, and see how many people are downloading and rating their own shared creations.
These new features supplement general optimization and graphics improvements made during Early Access, as well as fine-tuning of core gameplay functionality. Representing a combination of fan-favorite features and never-before-seen gameplay, core features include: freeform object placement, advanced coaster building system, 3D track editor, theme-responsive environments and guests, deformable terrain, innovative management simulation system and native UGC tools. In addition, Atari and Nvizzio will continue to support the title with post-launch content and optimizations.
“RollerCoaster Tycoon World has been a labor of love for our team, many of which grew up playing the classic RollerCoaster Tycoon games,” said Yves Legris, Chief Executive Officer, Nvizzio Creations. “From the UI to park management and peeps, to ride operations, Early Access gave us an opportunity to refine many of the features and draw from the RollerCoaster Tycoon games of yesterday to create the ultimate theme park experience of today.”
To keep up with what’s next for RollerCoaster Tycoon World, players can sign up for updates and read the latest blogs at RollerCoasterTycoon.com. Fans can also join the conversation by participating in the official RollerCoaster Tycoon World forum, or on Facebook at facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon and Twitter at @OfficialRCT.