Ruin of the Reckless is a high resolution retro styled ‘tower crawler’ where the more risks you take the stronger you become. Players take on the roll of a lost spirit trapped inside a purgatory for those that died in foolhardy and reckless ways. Explore the procedurally generated Ruin, discover its secret purpose, and have your wish granted.
Randomly generated challenges that change with every attempt.
- A mysterious story centered around the purpose and origin of the ruins and the spirits trapped there.
- A dangerous, thoughtful, action packed world filled with weapons, traps, secrets, powerful artificats, fearsome enemies,
Since the beginning of time, or maybe longer, this place has been here. It is a beacon of sorts, attracting the souls of those who both lived and died with recklessness in their hearts.
Bound by some unknown force, these wayward spirits cannot leave.
And so they remain… With time their souls will rot. They will fade away and they will be forgotten.
But even here there is hope… a legend whispered among the ghosts and specters. That any spirit to reach the tower’s peak will be granted one wish…
- Weapons: Wield two weapons at a time. Begin the game with a *weaksauce* primary weapon and find better ones as you traverse the tower
- Spells: Ancient secrets lie within these tomes. Spellbooks contain a set spell and a set amount of charges, when your spellbook is spent, it’s time to switch! All spellbooks can be charged for more powerful effects, and you can augment your spells by leveling up.
- Skill Orbs: Powerful yet fragile shards of knowledge. Consume them to permanently gain a new ability, or use them as powerful weapons to strike down your enemies. Or maybe just mess up and have them blow up in your face instead.
- Dashing: Every one knows that you can’t dash without boots! Explore the tower to find all kinds of stylish boots to modify your dashing capabilities. Perhaps you want to leave a trail of fire in your wake, or dash longer and further, or maybe you want to be able to chain multiple dashes at a time, or maybe you just want to fly over hazards like they weren’t even there, It’s all possible if you have the right boots!
- Cards: Complete special challenges to collect persistent cards which you can keep between runs. Don’t worry, cards are always optional. But maybe the game is too hard for you. Go ahead and equip the ‘baby-mode’ card and all the monsters will treat you like the big baby that you are. Or maybe you just want to add some variety to your play experience; to change things up, say by equipping ‘deaths door’ and making it so every thing dies in one hit… including you. Most cards have a benefit and a drawback, so choose carefully. Combine different cards to create your own custom ruleset before your run starts.