Celebrating its seventh year of Rust this month, Facepunch Studios is getting into the festive spirit with the return of the annual Christmas Event. Players can follow the sound of jingle bells to discover fantastic rewards, ranging from new weapons, to resources and candy! Neon signs are also now available from the Rust Item Store today, letting players get creative with their own custom designs. The Christmas Event will run from December 17 – January 7 so don’t miss out on all the festivities!
- Neon Signs – a new purchasable item pack from the Rust Item Store, there’s 5 variants: small, medium, large, medium animated, and large animated. The animated signs can have their animation speed set to three different speeds. Featuring a customised UI, players are able to change each the colour of their signs and their animation frame by frame, with medium signs having up to 3 frames of animation and large with 5 frames.
Christmas Event and New Items
Returning to Rust once again, players will occasionally hear the sound of jingle bells. Follow them to their source to discover amazing gifts! Gifts will spawn in a 40m radius around players, with two spawned per player.
Spawning in three sizes (small, medium, large), players can stack small presents to then trade them for bigger sizes. Each gift will contain a random mixture of resources, weapons, and candy. Gifts can now also be contained in wrapping paper, letting players spread cheer throughout the map (or sold in vending machines…).
- Santa Hats and Reindeer Antlers – Wear them for protection
- Candy Cane Club – Lick it or wield it, the choice is yours
- Stockings – Available in two sizes, if hung inside bases they will automatically fill with loot if the sound of jingle bells rings nearby. The large size will have a higher chance of better items and both have limited refills
- Sled – Found in Medium presents, place at the top of a snowy or sandy hill and enjoy the ride down!
- Snowball Gun – Found in Medium presents, uses snow balls as ammunition – getting hit will hurt.. a little
- Ice Walls – Default craftable for the holiday period, comes in two sizes.
Returning Store Items
- Deluxe Christmas Lights
- Snow Machine
- Festive Garlands Pack
- Christmas Door Wreath
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here