First released in the North America in 1998 for PlayStation and coming to Europe for the first time, the remastered version of SaGa Frontier—a beloved RPG classic–will finally be released on Thursday, April 15th, 2021. In this latest rendition, players can choose a protagonist of their liking and embark on a story unique to each player featuring different goals and endings for each protagonist.
Fans can expect a new evolution to the storyline with the addition of the new protagonist—Fuse. Additionally, players will be able to partake in dramatic battles by learning new techniques and the ability to access sequential special attacks. With beautifully remastered graphics, new events and features that were not implemented in the original version, fans will enjoy this classic title that has now become more accessible through modern consoles.
New Story Developments – Introducing Fuse as the Eighth Protagonist!
- The scenario has been written by Akitoshi Kawazu (SaGa Series General Director) and Benny Matsuyama (game writer and fiction author). Fuse will follow the journey of the seven protagonists while the story unfolds in a manner that makes players get to the bottom of a case; they will find scenes that make them chuckle, as well as new developments that touch their hearts.
- The ending to the seven character stories have evolved further from the original version and will surely make players want to follow everyone’s journey alongside Fuse. (Players can play this content by completing any of the other seven protagonists’ scenarios.)
- Fuse’s storyline is further enlivened with new music from composer Ito Kenji.
About the Fuse Storyline
- Unlock Conditions
- Completing any of the other protagonists’ storylines unlocks the episode corresponding to that protagonist, enabling players to enjoy seven different scenario routes in total, one for each of the seven other protagonists.
- Due to the feature that enables players to carry-over their status after completion, players can also enjoy this content with their stats already powered-up, providing replayability.
- Allows players to enjoy the “IF” scenario: “What if Fuse had intervened in the other protagonists’ episodes?” and enables players to form parties that are only possible in the Fuse storyline.
- There are also routes that branch into multiple endings as a result of the actions taken within the story.
- Team-up with IRPO members
- Other members of the IRPO can also join a party in Fuse’s storyline. Emilia’s fiancé “Ren” finally joins the party in the remastered version.
- All Protagonists Join the Party
- All protagonists can potentially join a party if certain conditions are met in the Fuse storyline. In the original game, certain characters did not join a party depending on the protagonist, but one of the compelling aspects of the remastered version is that it enables players to recruit all other protagonists to a party in the Fuse storyline.
- All Final Boss Battles Possible
- Players can potentially battle the other protagonists’ final bosses if certain conditions are met in the Fuse storyline. (A system that enables players to once again challenge the “final boss” of a protagonist that has joined a party in the Fuse storyline.)
- Players can challenge up to 6; the more players defeated, the stronger the final boss becomes in the route, unfolding into a battle that poses an even greater challenge. The final boss battle BGM from the Fuse storyline has been newly composed by Kenji Ito.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here