Like a buttery smooth noseslide, street skating sim Session has crushed its Kickstarter funding goal of CAD $80,000 in less than four days. With 23 days left in the campaign, developer crea-ture Studios isn’t content to sit back and relax quite yet. Instead, they’re setting their sights on Stretchville.
Want to see why people are so stoked to jump on-board? Check out the Session Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/100195109/session-skateboarding-simulation-game-by-crea-ture
From its unique and authentic control scheme that emulates real life skating, to its freedom from arbitrary point values, Session has already set itself apart as a skater’s paradise. There’s always room for expansion, though, and that’s where stretch goals come into play, with the first being the introduction of customization options.
To keep aesthetics on lock, players will be able to customize everything about their character’s look, to their kit, including deck, wheels, trucks, grip tape and even bolts. It’s all about nailing the ideal look before hitting the streets, so check out this sneak peak at the freedom creā-ture plans to introduce with character customization.
If that’s not enough to get you excited about Session’s future, take a look at the full list of stretch goals below:
- Goal #1: Dress to impress with character and board customization – $130,000
- Goal #2: Vert skating, mega ramps, and mini ramps, with motion capture from five-time X Games medalist, Elliot Sloan – $205,000
- Goal #3: New city hub, determined via community vote – $280,000
- Goal #4: Online multiplayer, letting you hit the streets with friends – $360,000
- Goal #5: Park editor to alter existing parks or create them from scratch – $410,000
- Goal #6: Filmer mode, so you can hit the streets as the camera operator – $450,000
- Goal #7: Story mode, channeling players’ progression from mongo pusher to pro skater – $510,000
- Goal #8: Double the city hubs, unlocking another city to skate and destroy via community vote – $585,000
- Goal #9: Steam Workshop, giving the community full reign to go DIY on Session – $620,000
Based on the stretch goals alone, it’s safe to say skateboarding fans have a ton to get excited about when it comes to the future of Session. crea-ture Studios has set out to make the most authentic skateboarding game ever, so it’s only natural that they’re committed to putting players into the driver’s seat and allowing them to go wild, whether through Steam Workshop integration or a built-in park editor. Skating is all about taking the ordinary and making it look tight as hell, and that’s exactly what Session plans to achieve.
Session’s Kickstarter is available now and the game is planned to have an Early Access release on PC and Xbox One in Q2 2018. For the latest updates, visit crea-ture Studios’ official website or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and Instagram.