The race to save humanity from ultimate destruction begins now! The ATLUS-developed Strategy RPG Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker is now available for the Nintendo 3DS™ system. Record Breaker not only nearly doubles the content of the original Devil Survivor 2 with the brand new Triangulum story arc, but also includes fully voiced English story dialogue, adding a new depth to the game. Record Breaker requires no knowledge of the story from the original Devil Survivor, so newcomers to the series can jump straight into the game alongside returning fans.
For a limited time, physical pre-orders and launch copies of Record Breaker come packed with a special soundtrack arranged by ATLUS composer Shoji Meguro as well as a set of vinyl decals featuring characters and art from the game. Record Breaker is currently available for $49.99 at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. Additional information can be found on the official website at www.atlus.com/devilsurvivor2rb.
In the world of Record Breaker, your days are numbered, as Earth is on the brink of destruction. An invasion by extra-terrestrial beings called “The Septentriones” forces a group of friends with their newly attained demon-summoning phone applications to stand up against the invaders and put a stop to what could be the end of humanity. As the story progresses, the player will be faced with decisions that could decide the life or death of a dear friend. Some of these decisions could even change the fate of humanity.
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker also has downloadable content available in the form of free battles players can participate in at any time. Two beginner battles will be available to consumers free of charge and provide early boosts for players. Four additional battles, which will become available each week through May 19, will provide extra resources for players: money, experience, etc. There will also be Spotpass content rolling out in the coming weeks, which will give players new demons to fuse, and helpful skills for free.
Main features in Record Breaker include:
- Tactical Combat with a Side of Demon Fusion – The elements that make the Devil Survivor series great are back and better than ever with robust, turn-based strategic combat. With an added emphasis on fusing the right demons to make the perfect combat team, battles provide players with a great challenge to overcome!
- Choose Your Own Fate – The line between life and death is razor-thin in Record Breaker. Actions have their consequences, and in the wake of the apocalypse, a wrong choice can result in the permanent death of a character. Multiple endings present the challenge of making all the right choices at the right time.
- A Whole New Story – Record Breaker expands on the original Devil Survivor 2 by nearly doubling the amount of storyline for a total of more than 100 hours of strategic game play and engaging plot, with the additional mysteries of Miyako Hotsuin and the Triangulum to unravel.
- Fully Voiced Cast – The fully voiced story of Record Breaker brings the game’s characters to life from ominous beginning to dramatic end.
- Expanded Gameplay Features – Record Breaker gives player characters new skills to crack, new demons to fuse, and a new “Blessed” difficulty option for those that found the original Devil Survivor 2 to be a bit too difficult.