It has been a month since Space Engineers was released on Steam Early Access and it’s a good time for some recapitulation.
Space Engineers has sold over 100,000 copies in the first 3 weeks and was also featured on the Steam Top Sellers.
The game’s community has created thousands of creations which are available in Steam Workshop and can be found here: steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=244850
The development team has been very busy implementing new features – some of them were already released in weekly updates, but some features need more development time and will be released in the following updates (multi-player, manual building, tools, etc.).
List of features added since October 23:
- Steam Workshop (upload and download your world to/from Workshop)
- Magnetic Landing Gears (so you can land your small ship on a large ship)
- Symmetry/Mirroring in creative mode
- Copy/paste/delete in creative mode
- Modding of 3D models
- Max speed is now the same for all objects (104m/s)
- Inertial dampeners for astronaut and for ships can be turned on/off
- Faster building and deleting (CTRL+SHIFT)
- Beacon (HUD shows a direction/distance to beacon blocks)
- Localization to 15 languages
- Linear and angular velocity of objects is now saved
- Experimental support for much larger worlds
This is a video demonstration of all important features that have been added during the last month:
The community has participated in a survey for the most wanted feature and the results were not surprising: 44% voted for multi-player, 24% for survival and 10% for 64-bit version of the game.
“The best thing on Space Engineers is its Community. Every day we see so many fantastic creations – it’s amazing”, said Marek Rosa, CEO of Keen Software House. “The reception of the community has been more than positive and the feedback is very constructive. We want to thank everyone for this.”
Space Engineers is available for purchase on the developer’s web site: www.SpaceEngineersGame.com/buy.html, on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/244850 and at several other online distribution services.
For more details on the development of Space Engineers, read Marek Rosa’s blog: http://blog.marekrosa.org.
Space Engineers is in alpha stage of development. Everything in the game is subject to change.