The second major update to Splody releases today, adding support for Mac OS X and Linux / Steam OS, including cross-platform multiplayer. To celebrate, Splody is 40% off this week, so if you’ve not grabbed it yet, now’s a great time!
Major Features and Fixes
Here are the biggest things since the last major update:
- Mac OS X Support
- Linux / SteamOS Support
- Windows XP Support, because, why not?
- Bot Difficulty Options allowing for easier bots for new players, and even harder bots for experienced players
- New rendering pipeline offers more performance and compatibility for these ports, as well as possible future console releases
- New remote bomb options: unlimited and one simultaneous per powerup
- Better SteamLink Support when adding/removing controllers from your SteamLink
- More minor fixes and improvements noted in the ChangeLog.
With this update wrapped up, and my engine in a much more portable state, next week I’ll start diving into the technical side of getting Splody on PS4! There are still some things to work out with Sony regarding cross-platform multi-player – I definitely want existing Steam users to be able to play against any new users brought in through the PS4. Despite that, it’s looking very likely that Splody will be on PS4 sometime in the future, but probably not for at least a few months. For Steam users, this also means a few more features will likely be coming your way over the next few months, such as Achievements/Trophies.