Squad-Based Free Roaming PC-RPG ‘Kenshi’ Leaps To BETA With A Massive 355 Square Miles World Map To Explore!
Indie game developer Lo-Fi Games is not by any scale a large team, but their PC-RPG Kenshi just entered BETA via STEAM™, and offers an impressive 355 square miles of seamless world map to play! The updated game introduces a full year’s worth of content updates, and improves on an already exciting gameplay experience.
Kenshi is a free-roaming squad based RPG with emphasis on open-ended sandbox gameplay features rather than a linear story. You can be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a warlord, an adventurer, a farmer, a slave, or just food for the cannibals! Build a safe house, research new equipment, craft new gear and train your men from puny victims to fearless warriors – with skill, luck and talent, you might even bring them home alive!
The updated BETA introduces one of the largest single-player world maps ever to be offered in an RPG. Initially, only restricted areas will be accessible, and other areas of the map become available in future updates to the game. The key features in the new build includes among other cool changes the following:
- The first section of an entirely new world map with fresh biomes, visual content and factions
- Revamped research tech tree with new buildable town designs and destroyable buildings
- Farming system overhaul with additional new crops, pests and a hunting ability for leather making
- More wildlife, animal companions and playable races, unique to the world of Kenshi
- Survival elements such as starvation and the need to camp while travelling.
- Working dialogue system for our first main faction, the zealous, robot-hunting Holy Nation.
You create your own destiny in Kenshi’s relentless wastelands – work hard and earn your glory, or face endless oppression and doom. We recommend the former and here is how to get started:
Kenshi on STEAM™