This weekend, publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Little Green Men Games will celebrate the 1-year anniversary of the launch of Starpoint Gemini 2 on Steam, offering all Starpoint Gemini games at 70% off for a week, as a Special Promotion.
Demonstrating continued support for the game, the developer released a new patch this week, with tweaks and optimizations.
There is further exciting news regarding the highly successful space sim franchise, with the announcement of new DLC for November 2015 (named ‘Titans’), as well as the message that the strategy-oriented sequel Starpoint Gemini Warlords is still on course for a Steam Early Access entry during Q4-2015.
Read the full change log for the update HERE.
More news and information about the game can be found on its official website: http://starpointgemini.com/
About Starpoint Gemini 2:
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System .
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology.
- Enables modding through Steam Workshop.
About Starpoint Gemini 2 Titans DLC:
- 3 new Titan class ships and 3 new chain-quests.
- Choose and help one of the three major factions finish their Titan and fight other Titans.
- A new set of hero characters to hunt down.
About Starpoint Gemini Warlords:
- Headquarters. Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets and much more.
- Conquer Territory. Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against familiar strong Gemini foes, familiar from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
- Conduct Research on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
- Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trade or purchase resources, or conquer regions providing a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
- A far larger game world will allow more distinction between ship sizes, pockets of empty space to travel through and your own giant space HQ where ships can be ‘parked’.
- Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will levelling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
- Storyline vs Free-roam: The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
- A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
- Technical additions include: x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.