FINAL FANTASY® and music fans can finally experience a franchise-spanning, full catalogue of melodies as SQUARE ENIX® announced today the availability of THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL™ exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system.
A sequel to the first FINAL FANTASY rhythm action game released in 2012, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL expands on the original in every way with new gameplay modes, 221 songs, and over 60 playable characters. Featuring music that spans the full breadth of the storied FINAL FANTASY franchise, players tap along to the memorable beats and harmonies as the adorable, stylized characters battle and quest through their worlds. The music of over 20 titles is brought together in one package, fusing together the moving scores, cinematic visuals, and role-playing elements the series is known for.
Key features of the game include:
- 26 Years of FINAL FANTASY music in one game: Includes songs and characters from recent and upcoming releases including LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY XIII, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn®, and FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0™ to classic fan favorites such as FINAL FANTASY TACTICS® and FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN®.
- More ways to play: All new gameplay modes include Versus Mode where players can go head-to-head in screen-tapping action, as well as Quest Medley, where players customize a party of their favorite characters to take across fields and into dungeons for music-based battles against series bosses.
- Unlock FINAL FANTASY: Gather Rhythmia to unlock new characters, songs, and collectible cards, which can be used in the all new CollectaCard Crystarium to power up your characters’ stats.
“With THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL, we wanted to capture the memorable musical elements that have been a huge part of the franchise,” said Ichiro Hazama, producer of THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL. “Our fans are in for a nostalgic rhythmic experience that will have them fall in love with their favorite FINAL FANTASY soundtracks all over again, from the original FINAL FANTASY in 1987 all the way through the recently released LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.”
“…Curtain Call is well worth the encore…”
“Curtain Call is one of the best releases from Square Enix’s Japanese division in years.”
“An early contender for my favorite handheld title of the year.”
–Nintendo World Report (9/10)
Square Enix also announced this month’s batch of add-on tracks including:
- “Battle 2” (FINAL FANTASY V)*
- “Roses of May” (FINAL FANTASY IX)*
- “Blitz Off!” (FINAL FANTASY X)
- “Library of Ancients” (FINAL FANTASY V)
- “Shuffle or Boogie” (FINAL FANTASY VIII)
- “Tough Battle #2” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
- “KUON: Memories of Waves and Light” (FINAL FANTASY X-2)
- “Crazy Chocobo” (FINAL FANTASY XIII-2)
- Yuffie (FINAL FANTASY VII)
On Sale Thursday, September 25th:
- “Protect the Espers!” (FINAL FANTASY VI)
- “Battle 1 – arrangement – from FINAL FANTASY IX” (DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY)
- “Promised Grace” (FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES)
- “Aerith’s Theme (Piano Version)” (FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN)
- “Battle Theme A” (FINAL FANTASY II)
- “Good King Moggle Mog XII” (FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn)
- “Thunder Plains” (FINAL FANTASY X)
- “Canto Mortis -An Undocumented Battle-“ (DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY)
- Rosa (FINAL FANTASY IV)
*Available for free until Tuesday, September 30th. Otherwise, each track/character is available for $0.99.