Forced Showdown gets played by famous streamers a week before release – the more people watch the bigger the launch discount of the game will be!
Celebrating the upcoming Steam/GOG release of Forced Showdown on March 29, Danish indie developers BetaDwarf enlisted some talented and good looking friends*** from the Streamer community to play the game live on Twitch, starting March 23, 6pm CET. The event is directly tied to the launch discount of the game: The more minutes of streaming gamers watch the lower the price of Forced Showdown will be.
“We’re actively trying to make our game cheaper!” sputtered BetaDwarf CEO Steffen Kabbelgard enthusiastically. “We’ll even raffle off Steam keys which will make more people stream. Which will increase the number of viewers. Which will drive the price down even further. We must be mad! Or this is a clever meta-commentary on game pricing and the plight of the indies. Hvem ved?”
But the fun does not end with a launch discount: Gamers can join in the action, win top notch streaming tools like SteelSeries Sentry Gaming Eye Trackers and XSplit licenses or the right to design and name future game content. And there are tiered unlocks of secret goodies for people willing to give their email addresses to deranged Danish developers.
About the game:
Forced Showdown is a modern mash-up of a top-down, twin stick action rogue-lite enhanced by the strategy of a deck-building card game. Players take control of one of four gladiators in a Galactic Game Show hosted by the Computer-Simulated Arena Referee (C-SAR) to win the approval of the crowd and become the Galaxy’s favorite. It’s a kill or be killed affair where winners become famous and losers get eaten by titans.
It has the bestest features:
- 4 Unique Gladiators and Play Styles
- Each champion has their own unique weapon and special abilities. Unlock their true potential by exploring and extending their possibilities with cards.
- Play Your Way: Deck-Building
- Build the perfect deck of cards to enhance the abilities of your champion.
- Endless Replayability
- Hone your skills in campaign mode then compete in the daily challenges to see who is the most dangerous gladiator this side of the galaxy. New seasons every month!
- It’s Dangerous to Go Alone!
- Companion creatures can help you overcome the dangers of the arena with their extraordinary abilities.
- Exotic Enemies
- C-SAR has ensured a great host of varied enemies, all with unique fighting styles and skills. Slay the mighty Titans and win the adoration of the spectators.
- Are You Not Entertained? C-SAR has an almost endless amount of procedurally generated arenas, show rules, show boons, quests, cards, enemies, bosses, boss cards, companions, worlds, traps, online competitions and more.