Today, during Gamescom, Ubisoft®, along with the ESWC (Electronic Sports World Cup), the leading international eSports event, announced the third annual Just Dance® World Cup. The competition is open to all Just Dance players worldwide and will kick off with the release of Just Dance 2017 on October 28 in UK when it comes to all motion-control gaming platforms, including Nintendo’s Wii™, Wii U™, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC.
Since its inception, the Just Dance World Cup has proven to be a huge success. As the first casual video game to enter the ESWC line up, Just Dance paved the way for diverse game genres and casual gamers to enter the e-sports space. Last year’s Just Dance World Cup brought thousands of players together from all over the world, with more than 3,500 dancers participating and 100,000 live spectators.
The four-month qualification period for this year’s competition will start with a live event at the Brazil Game Show 2016 on September 1 and will run via in-person events and online competitions until January 8, 2017. From the Qualifiers, 17 players will be flown to Paris for the Finals that will take place between February 17-19, 2017. They will face-off against each other and Diegho San, the World Champion of the 2014 and 2015 edition of the Just Dance World Cup, who will be back to defend his title.
There are two ways to qualify:
1. During one of the three live events where qualifications will be opened to all residents of the country hosting the competition. One player will qualify from each event at the game shows below:
– São Paulo, Brazil – Brazil Game Show on September 3-5
– Paris, France – Paris Games Week, October 27-28
– Oberhausen, Germany – TubeCon 2016 , November 20
2. In Just Dance 2017 on the World Dance Floor, the online multiplayer mode of Just Dance 2017, from November 6 to January 8, 2017. The 13 top-scoring players, with one finalist per country, will be selected. All Just Dance 2017 players will have 10 chances to place at the top of their country’s leaderboards.