KONAMI are proud to announce the UEFA EURO 2016™ Virtual Tournament, with entrants using the official UEFA EURO 2016 video game title to compete against players from all over the globe.
As the official major E-sport (electronic sport) competition of UEFA EURO 2016™, the competition will involve major sponsors and partners which will decide of a champion competing for their brand. Fully endorsed and supported by UEFA, more than 1000 players will compete in multiple online and offline qualification phases. The majority of offline tournaments will be held on the Paris Champ de Mars’ fanzone, in the official UEFA EURO 2016 videogame booth, allowing visiting fans to try their hand at the highly acclaimed KONAMI title.
UEFA EURO 2016™ Virtual Tournament will be a faithful companion event to this year’s UEFA EURO 2016 competition. Demonstrating the strong relationship between UEFA, KONAMI, and the many sponsors and partners, it will also create a truly interactive UEFA EURO2016 experience for football supporters across the globe.
The 16 champions will gather on July 6th and 7th as they take each other on for the privilege of lifting the cup of the Official UEFA EURO 2016™ Virtual Tournament in France’s stunning Stade de France on July 10th. The ceremony will take place ahead of the UEFA EURO 2016™ final following a video round-up played across the Stade de France’s giant screens.
Schedule for the Official UEFA EURO 2016™ Virtual Tournament
- Qualification phases from June 4th-25th
- 16 champions officially announced on June 26th
- July 5th: Press presentation at ‘Le Carreau du Temple’ in Paris for each player to randomly select a national team he will represent for the Grand Final.
- July 6th-8th:16 champions will compete in Paris Eiffel Tower Fanzone area. Entrants will play on July 6th and 7th on the Joffre’s stage in front of thousands of spectators. The Final will be shown on all screens within the fanzone and on the world’s biggest screen under the Eiffel Tower.
- July 10th Trophy Presentation: 90 mins ahead of the UEFA EURO 2016™ final at the Stade de France stadium
Partners for the UEFA EURO 2016™ Virtual Tournament are:
- KONAMI, official licensee
- Coca-Cola, official sponsor and global partner, hosting two qualifications sessions and one Coca-Cola final
- adidas, official sponsor, global partner and number one sportswear and kit provider of the competition, hosting two qualifications sessions and one dedicated adidas final
- Orange, official global sponsor, owner of exclusive worldwide rights and official telecommunication provider of the competition, hosting four qualifications sessions and an Orange final
- Hisense, official global sponsor, will host four qualifications sessions and one Hisense final
- Ville de Paris, the host country’s capital, will host eight qualifications sessions and a Paris City Hall final
- Abritel – HomeAway, national sponsor and official settlement service for supporters, will host two qualifications sessions and an Abritel final.
- SNCF, official travelling service for supporters and national partner, will host two qualification sessions and the SNCF final (via registration on invitation).
- beIN SPORTS, official broadcaster of the competition, will host two qualification sessions and a beIN SPORTS final (via registration on invitation).
To enter each sponsor event, please visit:
KONAMI released its official game of the UEFA EURO 2016 tournament as a physical and digital stand alone edition on April 21st for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3. Existing PES 2016 owning the PlayStation®4, XboxOne™, PlayStation®3, Xbox 360™, and Windows PC editions received the dedicated UEFA EURO 2016™ content as a free update on March 24th.