Feudal Japanese Origami inspired action adventure set in two parallel worlds delivers enchanting puzzles, hack’n’slash combat & intriguing platform design
Hydra Interactive Entertainment, an independent games developer based in Madrid, Spain, today announced that its origami-inspired action adventure game, Upside-Down Dimensions, has launched a Kickstarter campaign in order to garner support for an initial 2016 release on PC & Linux, with additional platforms in the development pipeline, depending on the level of support received.
The games potential can be seen by all in a brand new cinematic trailer launched today and available here, highlighting the innovative mix of enchanting puzzles, fearsome hack’n’slash combat and intriguing platform design.
Following a hugely successful Steam Greenlight crusade, and public recognition on the originality and impressive game visuals, Upside-Down Dimensions Kickstarter is seeking to raise $75,000 to help fund the programming and development of the game. Kickstarter backers will have the opportunity to secure a range of rewards, from a simple credit in the game, to digital & physical copies as well as Exclusive Limited Edition character outfits, plus the possibility to secure a once in a lifetime opportunity to join the Hydra Interactive team at their studio in Madrid, providing ideas for the games on-going development.
Should the initial Kickstarter complete its funding goal, additional stretch goals will be added that will comprise of further platforms including Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 and PlayStation® Vita, Wii-U as well as additional levels, more mystical & legendary creatures, a deeper combat system, cross-play and a Co-Op multiplayer option.
What is Upside-Down Dimensions?
Upside-Down Dimensions is a rich & vibrant action adventure game that conveys a surprising tale of good and evil, courage and bravery, love and sacrifice. Infused with enchanting puzzles, Hack’n’Slash combat and intriguing platform design, Upside-Down Dimensions seamlessly blends multiple gaming genres. A tranquil paper utopia, filled with origami’s and paper crafted wonders, where unique multidimensional box mechanics connect two worlds. This tale is one folded into paper.
Upside-Down Dimensions Key Features:
- ·Multiple Genres – Infused with enchanting puzzles, Hack’n’Slash combat and intriguing platform design, Upside-Down Dimensions seamlessly blends multiple gaming genres.
- Two Alternate Dimensions – Two alternating dimensions, one focused on action and combat, the other, intellectual and cunning where puzzle solving is crucial – a world where the clever will prevail.
- Hack’n’Slash Combat – Battle formidable enemies with a range of weapons and key chained combos, delivering highly visual and explosive combat influenced by paper craft and origami.
- Puzzle Solving – Engage in innovative multidimensional box mechanics that connect two worlds. Solve one problem and potentially create another on the opposite plane.
- Stealth and Infiltration – Traverse the world undetected, using the environments to your advantage.
- A World of Origami – Summon powerful Origami warriors to ward of fearsome Japanese warriors, mythological creatures and ancient demons.
“We’re very excited with the announcement of our Kickstarter campaign for Upside-Down Dimensions” said Daniel Parente, CEO of Hydra Interactive. “The concept for Upside-Down Dimensions has been validated by the Steam community and we’re eager to make this game a reality with the backing, support and collaboration of our fans!”
For the latest news and information about Hydra Interactive Entertainment, take a look at the website: www.hydra-interactive.com, follow the Twitter page https://twitter.com/hydrainteractiv / @hydrainteractiv, Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/hydrainteractive