Nintendo DSi is a dual screen handheld game console. It has an upgradable firmware and can connect to the internet. It has extensive multimedia features than its previous models. All DS games are compatible with DSi but the games that require GBA slot cannot be played in it. Using an R4i card for DSi will solve the above said problems and also helps to give more space for the extra multimedia features, camera and for storing more games.
Instructions for using R4i cards
Things you need to get started are R4i card, MicroSD card and a USB MicroSD card adapter.
- Download the flashcard software to your computer. Extract the zip file downloaded to the computer.
- Insert the SD card into the adapter and connect the adapter to your computer’s USB port. If your computer has a separate port that fits into the SD card, connect the SD card directly to the computer.
- Open the SD card and copy all the files extracted from the zip file to the card.
- Now your SD card is ready for games. Go to any games website of your choice and add the games to your Nintendo. Some of the popular games sites are ROMulation, NDSROMs and ROM Freaks. Any other ROM website is also acceptable.
- Extract the zip file of your favorite game and copy it to the SD card. You can copy any media files like videos and audios.
- Remove the SD card from the computer and connect it to the Nintendo DSi.
- Select the Pacman icon if you intend to play games or select the musical notes icon for playing your media file.
When do you need an R4i adapter? R4i flashcards are the new version of increasing storage to the DSi. If you intent to use the R4i for your DS, it is possible. R4i adapter allows you to perform the tasks with your DS that you were not able to before. It helps to access your music files, videos, pictures and ebooks from your DS and DSi console.
The adapter has a micro SD card and the card helps to store the files like a normal R4i flashcard. The size of the adapter is in the same size of that of a standard Nintendo DAS game cartridge. It fits perfectly into the slot 1, like the game cartridge.
Capacity and Compatibility
The maximum capacity that an R4i can accept is 32GB. A 4GB SD card is enough to organize your files into folders and subfolders. R4i cards are compatible with the old versions of Nintendo too. Thus, whatever maybe the console you hold, it is advisable to have an R4i card. Keep your card updated with the latest version of the software, updating the latest Kernel or system file.
Where to buy R4i cards?
The sale of these flashcards in the retail stores has diminished. An effective way of purchasing one is through online shopping. These cards are available in many sites including the shopping websites. Make sure to buy them from specialized sites to avoid fake clones of these cards. Usage of fake close can cause damage to your console.
With the use of R4i cards, DSi can store more number of games, music, videos, access internet and ebooks. A DSi can support M4A, MP4 and 3GP files.
R4dsicards.com aims towards educating all its customers about R4i card for DSi. It provides enough information to enable its customers to buy and experience the best.