After 4 months in “Early Access” Vindictive Drive is finally available on STEAM today! Here’s developer quote about the final update:
This update extends the game to ten chapters, completing the story and I also had in mind the critics and reviews of the Early Access version to make the game more balanced and enjoyable.
This version also adds a good bunch of weapons and tools, and also gives the player the choice of acquiring one of the two helper robots that will guide the gameplay mechanics into either stealth or action shooter scenarios depending on which they like the most, and a secret hidden character they can unlock near the end.
This is a story driven thriller game with dark themes and a very sour, suicidal main character who has nothing to lose and it’s obviously not an average heroine, in a stealth/action game;not the easiest story or the easiest game to make, but I’m very grateful with the players, they literally helped me build this game, one of them even became involved in the project as a tester/proofreader.
I am also grateful with those who will play it after this release, it took quite a lot of work and time to make, and I hope people enjoy it as much as I do.
Vindictive Drive is a Thriller/Action game with cyberpunk elements and Real Time Action/Stealth mechanics following Arris Fern, a young woman in her cold blooded revenge against her father, the president of the most powerful nation, for the assassination of her mother 12 years ago.
Completely consumed by hatred and resentment, Arris will use the most cruel methods at her disposal to achieve her goal.
- Vindictive Drive’s “battle system” rely on outsmarting security systems, avoiding cameras, and fooling your enemies using your computer and jamming devices, leaving the pistol as last resort.
- Stealth is an important part of the game, you will be able to disable alarms and create distractions.
- Story rich scenarios and suspense.
- Talkative and friendly NPCs.
- A lot of illustrations and animations made frame per frame.
- Arris’ very sour behavior.
- Multiple endings.
STEAM store page (Early Access started on January 12’th, final release on May 15’th):