vive studios launches front defense, an intense virtual reality world war ii shooter for htc vive
Fast-paced shooting game from Fantahorn Studio puts players in the boots of a WWII soldier in the final days of the war; premieres today on Viveport and Viveport Subscription
Vive Studios, the virtual reality (VR) content development and publishing initiative from HTC VIVE™, today announced the launch of Front Defense. Developed by HTC first-party studio Fantahorn Studio, Front Defense is a fast-paced arcade-style shooter designed explicitly for Vive’s room-scale VR. The game is set in the final days of World War II, immersing players in the role of an Allied Forces hero defending a fictional European town from a relentless onslaught by an Axis armored division. From its opening salvo, Front Defense uses the power of the Vive and room-scale VR to deliver one of the most intense war game experiences ever created.
Front Defense premieres today on Viveport (www.viveport.com) for $19.99 USD. The full game is also part of the library of content available in Viveport Subscription (www.viveport.com/subscription), where new users can take advantage of a no-obligation free trial to sign up and play today. Front Defense is slated for release on Steam in mid-July.
“We’re thrilled to bring VR game players one of the most immersive shooting games they’ll ever experience with Front Defense,” said Joel Breton, Head of Vive Studios. “Our internal development team at Fantahorn Studio has created an unrivaled VR experience in this highly-polished arcade shooter putting players in the boots of a WWII soldier. From its cinematic opening, Front Defense makes the case for VR as the ultimate platform for hardcore gaming, delivering a thrillingly real war shooter where the only missing components may be the smell of gunfire and mortal danger.”
Front Defense is set in the last days of World War II’s European theater. The invasion of Normandy is over. The fiercest firefights of the war have just begun. Players become an Allied Forces hero defending a small town moments before the Axis launch an attack. While fighting enemy soldiers, armored vehicles, light and heavy tanks and dive bombing aircraft, players must duck, dive, switch and reload weapons, throw grenades, and man mounted guns to fight back the assault. Key highlights and features include:
- Experience an intense WWII shooter as never before in a superbly polished game designed explicitly for Vive’s room-scale VR and precision tracking
- Defend strategic positions in a beautifully detailed European town slowly being destroyed by a brutal enemy
- Seamlessly switch between a variety of weapons, from light and heavy firearms to mounted machine guns
- Use Bazookas, grenades or call in airstrikes to take on an entire armored division, from well-armed infantry to armored cars, tanks and dive bombers
- Take on the mysterious Axis super weapon in an epic boss fight finale
- Increasingly challenging stages and global leaderboards deliver hours of game play and high replay value
For more information on Front Defense, please visit Viveport (www.viveport.com).