4A Games’ first VR shooter is just around the corner. In fact, the game can still be pre-ordered for 10% off 🙂
In ARKTIKA.1, barbaric raiders and mutated cannibals push humanity to the brink during the Great Freeze, a man-made ice age . Survival is far from guaranteed – and only customizable weaponry and tactical thinking stand between you and a very cold grave …
To start your journey through humanity’s last best hope – the besieged colony known as ARKTIKA.1 – all you have to do is reply to this message.
STORY & GAMEPLAY
Nearly a century into the future – in the aftermath of a silent apocalypse – Earth has entered a new Ice Age known as the Great Freeze. Only the equatorial regions remain habitable, yet pockets of humanity still manage to survive in small numbers all over the planet. These regions of civilization sit on resource-rich, highly desirable territories to the north and south. As a mercenary hired by Citadel Security, you must protect one of the last colonies in the wastelands of old Russia from violent raiders, marauders, and horrifying creatures. ARKTIKA.1 is powered by the acclaimed 4A Engine and was built from the ground up for Oculus Touch. With breathtaking detail and superior shooting mechanics, ARKTIKA.1 is on a fast course to redefine the scope and graphical fidelity of VR first-person shooters.
* Immersive FPS action with full-body shooting mechanics.
* Engaging combat featuring unique abilities such as touch, dodge and hide.
* Some of the most impressive visuals ever seen in VR, thanks to the 4A Engine.
* Intuitive controls for natural, realistic gameplay.
* Atmospheric settings with a blend of post-apocalyptic and futuristic environments.
* Advanced weapons with plenty of customization choices to suit your personal playstyle.
* Visceral challenge with finely-tuned difficulty balance.
* Deep, immersive storyline.
* Available initially in English, Russian, and Ukrainian.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
ARKTIKA.1 is set to arrive on October 10 and will be compatible with Oculus Touch. The game can be pre-ordered for $26.99 – 10% off the retail price.