FREE mission types, FREE maps, and TONS of new content, all scheduled to dock on December 20
With the holidays nearly upon us, BATTLEZONE is going back to the future! The hit PlayStation VR is introducing CLASSIC MODE – a gorgeous resurrection of the original arcade game – and it’s FREE!
Fans can now relive the iconic wireframe world of 1980, except this time through the power of modern VR. Harking back to the arcade cabinet’s original gameplay, you can even pick between BATTLEZONE’s modern control and two-track “retro” controls! Rack up high scores to top the leaderboards and prove your credentials as a true, CLASSIC arcade champion!
FREE CAMPAIGN CONTENT!
Classic Mode will be totally FREE when it’s patched in on December 20th, and you’ll find it separate from the BATTLEZONE campaign in the Extras menu. The December 20 update will also add FREE CAMPAIGN CONTENT, including new mission types, maps and a brand new “Field Manual” codex.
Finally, if you’ve been hankering for ways to customize your Cobra, we’ve got you covered. The new update will also bring new skin packs to the PlayStation Store, a pack of custom horns to make yourself heard with, and bobbleheads including one for 2000AD’s Judge Dredd – and a snowman!
And there is plenty more content on the way to BATTLEZONE over the coming weeks and months, so… stay tuned!
BATTLEZONE 1.03 Patch Notes
Classic Mode now available
Field Manual now available
– Both Classic Mode and Field Manual available via Extras Menu
Updated campaign content
– New maps, missions and events
– Health crystals in single-player as additional means of restoring health
– Hints will display upon death
– HUD colour options added to Settings Menu
Bug fixes and optimizations
– Fixed a bug where hoppers sometimes got stuck in level geometry
– Reduced projectile-based lag when not hosting in online co-op
– Various performance optimizations
Added purchasable tank customization options
– New skins, bobbleheads and horns now available to purchase