THE WASTE LAND, AN INSPIRED ACTION-ADVENTURE, QUESTS ONTO STEAM SEPTEMBER
FROM A CLASSIC POEM AND CLASSIC GAMEPLAY, COMES A CLASSIC EXPERIENCE
Digital Tribe Games is looking for a hero. Are you such a person? Do you have the mettle to face your demons, right the wrongs you have caused, and bring justice to the hapless people who looked up to you? Do you have the stamina and mental fortitude to journey across vast lands, see the suffering you have caused and turn the tides of fate — free your people, guide and protect them? Contact Digital Tribe now and request your Review Key of The Waste Land to see if you have the courage of a true King and ruler.
The Waste Land, inspired by T.S. Eliot’s poem imbued with feelings of despair and lost innocence, puts players in the role of King Zyron III, a fallen king who must find his way to right the wrongs caused by his own failings. Players explore a vast world across seven continents and meet memorable characters while fighting off twisted creatures to survive a hostile land – all in gorgeous 8-bit style.
“The Waste Land took almost 5 years of development, mostly done during my long daily commute. It has been/is a big emotional investment for me. Being a huge fan of Metroid and Castlevania titles and their retro looks and pixelart, as a player I strongly felt additional titles such as those was missing in today’s gaming scene.
I took a lot of inspiration from Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest with its day/night cycle, huge world to explore, and enigmatic NPC dialogues. I feel like I have succeeded and delivered to fans of the genre a game with a strong sense of menace and exploration that is enforced coupled by the huge game world that can be freely explored; where even the boss order is free to be chosen by the players.”
– Michele Caletti, Fledermaus
- “Metroidvania” style open world with over 15 hours of classic gameplay
- Find and collect hidden Upgrades, Secrets and Bonuses that boost stats and abilities
- Discover 10 deadly weapons, 5 swords and 5 arrow types, imbued with unique properties such as the Battle Sword, Chain Sword and Katana as well as the Fire, Bomb and Cursed Arrows
- Slay 5 giant twisted Bosses that include a mutated slug, colossal hornet and demented whale
- Encounter colorful characters in each town you discover
- Watch the ominous moon rise each night as the skies darken and light with the Day/Night cycle
- Explore vast maps across 7 continents, each with their own challenges to overcome
- Steam Support includes Cloud Save, Achievements and Trading Cards
All the classic adventure of The Waste Land will be available for Windows PC this September 16th on Steam and other major digital distribution channels. Suggested Retail Price will be $9.99 and the game will launch at a 20% discount for one week to celebrate its release.