inXile Entertainment has announced that Wasteland 3, has surpassed the $3M in funding landmark (www.Fig.co), besting the mega-hit Wasteland 2, which achieved $2.9M in crowdfunding and earned an 87 on Metacritic. There is still time for fans to back Wasteland 3 as the campaign still has two weeks remaining (November 3, 2016).
About Wasteland 3
In Wasteland 3, inXile builds upon its award-winning franchise, beginning shortly after the end of Wasteland, with the player starting the game as the sole survivor of Team November, a Ranger squad dispatched to the icy Colorado wastes. Colorado is a land of buried secrets, lost technology, fearsome lunatics, and deadly factions, most of which have never heard of the Desert Rangers.
Wasteland 3 is party-based roleplaying game, playable in single-player or multiplayer, with a renewed focus on reactivity and strategic combat.
- MULTI-PLAYER: Playable in single- and multiplayer experiences.
- COMBAT: Deep turn-based combat, evolving on Wasteland 2‘s strategic options and unique encounter design
- By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, Wasteland 3 evolves from Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- GAMEPLAY: For the first time, players can play by themselves or with friends in a story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer experience. Choices open up mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and tons of other content.
- RANGER BASE: Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- ENVIRONMENT: The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- STORYLINE: Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- PLATFORMS: Simultaneously releasing to Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.