After a successful closed beta phase earlier this year, the developers are getting their upcoming tank game ready for public release!
The thunderous roar of tank treads can be heard in the distance as Tanki X, the upcoming 3D tank action MMO, prepares to explode out of closed beta. Developer AlternativaPlatform is preparing to launch Tanki X into open beta this summer, with registrations opening soon. The game will be free to play and is set for final release in late 2016 for PC, Mac and Linux.
Tanki X is all about fast-paced futuristic tank combat against real players. This is not some detail-heavy simulation with bricks for manuals and hundreds of statistics to memorize. Tanki X is easy to jump into, easy to play, and offers fast and furious gameplay with fully customizable futuristic tanks across a collection of exciting and dynamic arenas. By winning battles, players gain experience points and unlock more powerful equipment, making them deadlier in the arena. But in Tanki X, it isn’t just about who’s got the bigger gun… players need tactical prowess, skill, and nerves of steel to be victorious!
Players can build their tanks from a variety of parts, mounting gatling guns, flamethrowers, and other high-tech turrets upon a variety of hulls, such as the light and nimble “Wasp” or the impenetrable “Titan”, then pit their battle machines against tankers from all over the world. Matches can be played in teams or solo, including PvP modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag.
“We have invested a lot of time and energy into improving our tech and the finer points of gameplay, using the feedback of thousands of closed beta players,” says Vladimir Beletsky, Product Manager of AlternativaPlatform. “Now we feel ready to show our game to everyone: Get ready, tankers of the world… you’re in for a serious shot of adrenaline!”
- Arm your tank with flamethrowers, railguns, shotguns and all sorts of other devastating weapons, all featuring unique mechanics. Blasting your enemies to bits will never get boring.
- If your tank is destroyed (and it will happen often), don’t worry! You will respawn within a matter of seconds, right back into the heat of battle. No waiting, no travelling, no downtime.
- Turn up the heat with temporary power ups that can be picked up on random locations within the arena.
- Unlock upgrades to improve your tank’s parameters and change its appearance. As you play more battles, cooler customizations and more powerful weapons will become available!
- The game is built using the latest version of the Unity Engine.