Just in time for Wonder Woman’s cinematic release tomorrow, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced that DC Legends, the free-to-play strategy RPG mobile game featuring DC’s iconic Super Heroes and Super-Villains, is adding new content based on the highly anticipated blockbuster film from Warner Bros. Pictures.
DC Legends is available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as well as Google Play for Android devices. The June content update includes:
- Special Events – Two exciting Hero events are set for June including the 9-Day Super Hero Challenge events along with 5-Day Hero Challenge events. In the 9-Day event, players will journey to Wonder Woman’s Island paradise and battle in the epic new Gates of Tartarus environment to earn Wonder Woman: Defender of Justice fragments throughout the challenge. In the 5-day challenges fans will fight to find fragments of Wonder Woman: Princess of Themyscira, Doctor Poison, and Hippolyta.
- New Hero Packs – The update introduces a new Wonder Woman: Defender of Justice Hero Pack and Dr. Poison Hero Pack, containing character fragments and legendary essence that allow players to upgrade their character abilities and gear.
- Weekend Loot Celebration – During the movie premiere weekend, from June 2nd – June 5th, players who log in to DC Legends will receive 50 special bonus fragments of the all-new movie inspired Wonder Woman: Defender of Justice.
- Daily Login Rewards – Wonder Woman: Defender of Justice is featured as the June login reward. Players can collect daily rewards in June, and will have enough to level her up to Rank 5 with the fragments collected during the Weekend Loot celebration.
- Load Screen Takeover – Throughout the month, loading screens will feature Wonder Woman movie characters.
In DC Legends, the battle against Nekron and the Manhunters spans across a wide variety of DC locales, including Metropolis, Themyscira, Thanagar and many more. The cinematic action and vivid environments bring each encounter to life as players unleash Superman’s Heat Vision or Bizarro’s Flame Breath on wave after wave of undead foes. Players can also compete against each other in PvP combat, form custom Alliances to complete missions together and use their entire rooster of heroes in R.E.D. Alerts.