THE INVASION OF THE IRON HORDE HAS BEGUN: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR™ PRELAUNCH PATCH NOW LIVE
More than 7.4 million World of Warcraft® subscribers stand ready to take their place on the front line when the expansion launches November 13
All World of Warcraft accounts automatically updated with all previous expansions
A wave of destruction washes over the land as an army of orcs pours through the Dark Portal. With today’s launch of World of Warcraft® Patch 6.0.2: The Iron Tide, the Iron Horde’s invasion of Azeroth has begun! More than 7.4 million of Azeroth’s champions have taken up their positions on the front line, ready to face the full might of the Iron Horde with the upcoming release of the Warlords of Draenor™ expansion on November 13.*
Features introduced with today’s Iron Tide content update include:
- “Iron Horde Incursion” World Event: players looking to upset the Iron Horde invasion can journey to the Blasted Lands to face down the onslaught and venture into the revamped five-player version of the Upper Blackrock Spire dungeon
- New Character Models: several of the game’s original races are new and improved, with increased resolution as well as updated animations and facial expressions
- Interface Improvements: questing is now easier than ever with an updated quest log and inventory changes, including a Toy Box for the fun items players acquire through their adventures
- Character and Class Changes: myriad character- and class-specific updates are now live, making this a great time for players to refamiliarize themselves with their characters ahead of the expansion’s November 13 launch
Full details on the changes and new features added to the game today can be found in the patch notes.
To make the transition to Warlords of Draenor as seamless as possible for current and returning players, all previous expansions have been added to all existing World of Warcraft accounts. This means that moving forward, all current subscribers and everyone reactivating their subscription will automatically be up-to-date with the latest content through Mists of Pandaria®.
Warlords of Draenor is now available for pre-purchase at www.warlords.com in a digital Standard Edition (SRP: £34.99) or a Digital Deluxe Edition (SRP: £49.99). Players who purchase either digital version will be able to immediately† boost one character to level 90 and experience the latest World of Warcraft content alongside their friends.
The expansion will also be available in a retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition (SRP: £64.99), which comes equipped with digital bonus items from the Digital Deluxe Edition as well as a full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes two-disc Blu-ray/DVD set, a CD soundtrack, and a Warlords of Draenor mouse pad. Players should check their local retailer for details and availability and be sure to lock in their preorder, as supplies are limited.
For more on World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor—and to view the opening cinematic—visit www.warlords.com. To learn more about the expansion’s eponymous warlords, check out the animated Lords of War miniseries.
With multiple games in development, Blizzard Entertainment has numerous positions currently available—visit http://jobs.blizzard.com for more information.
* More than 7.4 million subscribers as of Sept. 30, 2014.
†Players upgrading to Warlords of Draenor from World of Warcraft Starter Edition must wait until trial restrictions are removed before character boost becomes available (may take up to 72 hours).