WRC 5 is available for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation®4, Playstation®3, PlayStation® Vita and PC.
Video game publisher and distributor Bigben Interactive, and French racing game developer Kylotonn Games, announce a first patch for WRC 5 which will improve the game on on Xbox One and Playstation®4.
Following the feedback received from fans over the world, Bigben Interactive and Kylotonn decided to work on an update to be released on December 4th.
“Feedback from the WRC and racing community is very important for us as it helps to understand what they are expecting and where we did not achieve the best results,” says Alain Jarniou, Game Director of WRC 5. “One of the major issues we encountered at the launch concerned steering wheel compatibility on Playstation 4 and Xbox One, which is going to be solved with this update. The patch will also correct other minor bugs in order to improve the racing experience. The PC version has already received several updates, but consoles workflow and validation systems make things a little bit longer and we’re sure game players will notice the big improvement. Of course, we do not forget Playstation 3 users who will receive an update as well but later,” concludes Alain Jarniou.
The FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) pits drivers and production-based cars against some of the toughest and most varied conditions on the planet. In 2015, the roads on this epic motorsport adventure were spread across 14 countries, with 13 rallies on everything from snow packed forest tracks to rock-strewn mountain passes.
WRC 5 is available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4, Playstation®3, PlayStation® Vita and PC.
WRC 5 – Xbox One and Playstation 4 Patch 1.0 – Release notes
Common to all platforms:
- D-Pad can be used for steering.
- Add option to configure steering wheel rotation angle.
- Wheel max angle set in real time when modifying value in menus.
- Fix UI actions not being bound on steering wheels.
- Gameplay corrections:
- Penalty system changed: Penalty is no more a 30s malus on the first mistake but is now a smaller cumulative time malus.
- SS2 Monte Carlo time corrected: this stage is now easier to win.
- Force feedback bug fix when going in reverse.
- Disable codriver shock voice event.
- Pad vibrations are stronger and redesigned
- Respawn system correction: to avoid exploits, « back on track » system now teleports on the last road section left and not the closest.
- Sound enhancements: more drifts / public / surfaces feedbacks.
- Crash fix with non-ASCII characters in nickname / multiplayer name.
- Fix Chardonnet helmet.
- End replay bug fix: rankings do not change anymore when replay is finished.
- Vehicle and Copilot sounds bug fix after a replay.
- Crash fix (keyboard/game pad conflict).
- Fix Thrustmaster steering wheel Force FeedBack (FFB) management.
- Add Fanatec steering wheel support.
- Add Logitech G29 support.
Xbox One specific:
- Microsoft FFB API integrated, should work on every wheels Xbox One compatible.