Campaigning comes to Democracy 3 with new expansion
Getting the top job in politics is no simple task. Before polling day you’ll need to raise campaign funds; draft a manifesto full of (empty/crazy/fiscally irresponsible – delete as appropriate) pledges; prove your leadership qualities with rousing speeches and maybe even show your transparency by publishing your tax returns.
Now Positech Games brings this element to its hit political strategy title, Democracy 3, with Democracy 3: Electioneering. A new add-on for the base game, Democracy 3: Electioneering adds the following new features:
- Manifesto promises: Popular policies may deliver votes, but if not kept once in power you risk alienating the very people who put you there
- Fundraising: Woo party donors and watch your war chest grow
- Voter perception: Call in the spin doctors to ensure publicity stunts like visiting an orphanage or training with the armed forces make front page news
- On the podium: Give speeches tailored to your target demographic
- Improved GUI: Watch the election results come in and prepare to take office or put on a brave smile
Democracy 3: Electioneering is scheduled for release this July for PC & Mac priced at $5.99, well in time for the US Presidential candidates to boot it up and learn a few more tricks of the political trade.