New enemies, missions, environments and increased depth of strategic gameplay feature in upcoming XCOM 2 expansion.
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #XCOM2
2K and Firaxis Games announced today that XCOM® 2: War of the Chosen, the expansion pack to the 2016 award-winning strategy title, will be available for Windows PC, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One on August 29, 2017.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen greatly expands upon the XCOM 2 campaign. ADVENT, in its bid to recapture the Commander, has deployed a deadly new enemy force called the “Chosen.” To aid XCOM in its fight to liberate Earth, players will have access to three new resistance factions, each with their own Hero class. The expansion also includes other new enemies, missions, environments and increased depth of strategic gameplay.
“Firaxis continues to redefine the award-winning XCOM franchise with XCOM 2: War of the Chosen,” said Matt Gorman, VP of Marketing at 2K. “XCOM 2 fans are going to love the all-new narrative and features, enhancing the XCOM experience and providing endless reasons to re-play through the campaign.”
“We’re thrilled to offer our fans an unprecedented amount of cool new toys and features in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, challenging and empowering players in exciting new ways never seen before in the franchise,” added Jake Solomon, creative director of XCOM 2 at Firaxis Games.
Key features for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen include:
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class;
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations;
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest;
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
XCOM 2 is rated PEGI 16 and available for PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC. XCOM 2 is also available for Mac and Linux by Feral Interactive. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen will be available on August 29, 2017 for PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC, and will be available for Mac and Linux by Feral Interactive at a later date. For more information, please visit www.XCOM.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter or subscribe to XCOM on YouTube.
For more information on the Mac and Linux version, Please visit http://www.feralinteractive.com, find Feral Interactive on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/feralgames or Facebook http://www.facebook.com/feralinteractive.
Firaxis Games is a 2K studio. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).