XNemesis Sandbox is a Classic Shooter 2D game, the game is full Sandbox where you can create your own Levels from creating maps, enemies and their weapons, Ship(s) and their weapons, Custom Karma Effect, Boss and his weapons all by your own Images or animations, And also you can customize the audio by putting your own Level, Boss music and sound effects.
The game is full sandbox, meaning we give you the tools and you create your own level, you can create a flying baby trying to eat fruits or create something that has no name fighting or doing whatever against spawning targets. the game doesnt enforce predefined collection of assets to use, you are free to use any image you want for every single thing in the game.
The Game will ship with 5-10 Levels when released and this number will increase gradually from levels we create and created by the community.
The game ships with Level Designer that will make you be able to customize all aspects of the game, the Level Designer was created taking into consideration causal gamers and not only modders, with great respect to our modder community. with Level Designer its very easy to create your own Level and customize it.
Support the game here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=435417218
- Can you describe the game? the game is a SandBox 2D classic shooter, you are controlling a ship, hand,…..or something that doesnt have a name which you can customize from Level Designer as well as its weapon, missiles, Shield and Speed, you need to kill enemies and Boss at the end of the map to clear the level.The Ship has 3 types of abilities, Shield , Speed and Karma. Those are called Gadgets , Shield will protect you from taking any damage, Speed will increase the your speed and Karma can draw an effect that kills all enemies on screen.
- What is Karma Effect? Karma is a powerful ability you gain by taking the spawning “Karma” icon on screen, basically Karma will give you the ability to use a Karma effect that when triggered will kill every enemy on screen except for Bosses, it will damage the Boss badly but it wont kill him instantly. Currently there are 4 types of Karma Effects:
- Tornado Effect
- Blades Effect
- Lightning Effect
- Custom Effect that you can customize in Level Designer, by default its Smoke Effect.
- I dont want to create Levels but i like the game , does the game has any integrated Levels? Yes, the game will ship with 5-10 levels when released, and the levels will increase gradually as FREE DLC(s) for everyone with levels we create and others created by the community in the game’s workshop if they wish to integrate it in main game. we intend to support this game for a very long time and keep adding features and levels so everyone can enjoy the game as a level creator or user.
- What Images can i use? You can use any image you want, there are no restrictions on images, however, to keep consistency and for the level to look good without images overlapping, the image must have a transparent background and that’s it, the Level Designer has a simple Image Editor which can be used for that purpose or if you prefer to use more professional programs like Adobe or Gimp2 (free) , any image can be edited to have transparent background with less than 5 seconds, i will be including a tutorial on how to do that.
- Can i use animations/sprite sheets? Yes you can.
- I have no experience in Image editing, will i be able to create my own level? Level Designer was created having casual gamers in mind, you only need very basic skills in images like Crop, Resize , changing a color in the image, the Level Designer is shipped with mini image Editor that can help you to achieve that, however, its more appropriate to use a professional software like Adobe or Gimp2 since they purely specialized in image editing, however, you are free to choose what method to use.
- What are the things that i can customize? You can customize everything in the game except for the three Karma Effects (Tornado, Blades and Lightning) and Gadgets icons, however, if there are a demand to unlock these for customization, it will be implemented.
- Can i control Enemies/Boss Movement? Yes you can, you have several movements to choose from like Straight, DiagonalUP, Zigzag, random,…. and you can also do the same for their weapons as well.
- Can i control Enemies/Boss Damage? Yes you can set the damage for Enemies/Boss and also for their weapons.
- Can i control Enemies/Boss Speed? Yes you can also applies for their weapons as well.
- Can i control Enemies Spawn Times? Yes you can, you can define multiple spawn times for enemies and choose when they spawn, also you can choose to loop the enemies which will keep spawning the enemy if it get killed or went outside of the screen.
- Can i Spawn Multiple Enemies from one enemy? Yes you can, you create one enemy in Level Designer then set Count property to the desired value, the game engine will spawn the count specified when rendering the level.
- Can i control Ship Speed? No, since there is a Speed Gadget that will increase Ship Speed, this is locked and cannot be changed.
- Does the game support Controller? Yes it supports XBox 360 Controller with full buttons rebinding, for movements, you can you either sticks or D-Pad, and also seamless switching between keyboard and controller as you dont need to do anything, the game will enable controller if turned on during the game or before.
- How Many Levels The Game Has? Since this is a SandBox game and you can create your own levels, there will be plenty of Levels created by the community inside the game’s workshop, however, we will be shipping few levels along with their projects when the game gets released so you can play or customize the levels as you wish, and we will keep building up and integrating new levels into the game for free and we also would integrate Levels created by the community in the workshop if they would like to.
- Do i need to create a level from scratch everytime? No, the Level Designer will create most of things having default values, i.e Ship(s) will be already setup and you dont need to do anything there if you dont want to customize them, you only need to draw the map and NOT FULL MAP, include one enemy and you are good to go.
- How do i Test my Level? The Level Designer has a Test entry in the menu which you can launch the game Single/Two players and test the level, once you are done you can Publish Your Level.
- How do i Publish my Level? You can do so from Level Designer and just copy the published file into “Levels” folder within game folder and you are all set up, once you launch the game, the game will pick up the level and show it in Level Select Menu.
- What is the state of the game? The game is 90% completed and its fully functional along with Level Designer, However, the 10% left are:
- ONLINE CO-OP: this has not yet been implemented since it will be built on top of Steam SDK, however, to be able to test this correctly and not duplicate the work, the game must be Greenlit first, once the game hopefully gets greenlit by your great support, CO-OP will be the first thing in the list to implement in the game.
- More Testing and UI enhancement for Level Designer, we want to make it as easy as possible for people to use, though we are enhancing the layout and user experience.
Last but not least, with your Support we will be releasing several Assets Pack which will contain various images and animations that can be used for creating Levels, Enemies, Bosses,…… as free DLC.