The universe of space strategy games just got a lot bigger with today’s European retail boxed launch of Galactic Civilizations III on PC. The landmark title from Stardock builds on the studio’s 20+ years of experience, the franchise’s history as one of the highest-rated strategy series of all time, and modern 64-bit computing to deliver an unprecedented 4X experience. The Limited Special Edition retail version will also include an exclusive Ship Pack DLC, comprehensive manual and soundtrack CD.
To celebrate the launch of Galactic Civilizations III, Kalypso Media has released a launch trailer teasing the deep story behind the galactic struggle for supremacy and survival.
About Galactic Civilizations III
Galactic Civilizations III is the largest strategy sandbox ever made, set in the Milky Way during the 23rd century where humans and aliens compete against each other for domination of the galaxy. Start with a single world and expand across the galaxy through diplomacy, trade, cultural hegemony or military conquest in this singleplayer or multiplayer 4X turn-based strategy game.
Expand your influence and culture through the galaxy to assimilate the hearts and minds of the other races. Form alliances through diplomacy, treaties, and trade. Research the deepest technological mysteries, expanding your civilization’s knowledge until you transcend mortality itself. Or simply bring the galaxy to heel through conquest and domination, annihilating any who will not submit. Each path has its own challenges and consequences.
How will you rule your Galactic Civilization?
- Never the same game twice: Play in the ultimate sandbox where each game has a unique map, unique worlds and new challenges to face.
- Multiple paths to victory: Win through military conquest, cultural domination, technological ascension or political alliance.
- Story-based campaign: Galactic Civilizations III includes a campaign that brings players up to date on the 20-year story arc behind the rise of humanity in the 23rd century.
- Massive technology tree: Research a technology tree with immense breadth and depth. Player choices determine the capabilities of their civilization.
- Custom ship design: Players have total control over how their starships function as well as how they look. Any ship you’ve ever imagined can be created or downloaded.
- Massive scale: The new, 64-bit, multi-core engine increases the number of possible opponents from 16 to 128 with a similar explosion in maximum map sizes.
- Ideology: Player actions advance their empires down the path of various ideologies, which unlock unique abilities, planetary improvements, and other bonuses.
- Multiplayer: For the first time, Galactic Civilizations is a multiplayer game with full support for custom civilizations, saved multiplayer games and much more.
- Unique technology trees: Players can play as any of the eight major galactic powers (or design their own), each with their own unique technology tree, ships, colony improvements and abilities.
- Faction Creator: To encourage massive gameplay, the game includes a faction creator that allows players to create a civilization with its own look, ships, technologies and even options for how the AI will use them.
- New Battle System: Players assign their ships specific roles to play in combat. You can now view fleet battles in a cinematic style to see your designs in action.
The boxed retail Limited Special Edition version of Galactic Civilizations III is available now across European territories for £34.99/€39.99 SRP. For more information please visit www.kalypsomedia.com