Square Enix Ltd., publishers of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and PAL territories, today announced that FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD™, the highly-anticipated first expansion for the popular MMORPG FINAL FANTASY XIV, is available now.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: HEAVENSWARD features a new story that drops adventurers into the heart of the Dragonsong War, the bloody, thousand-year conflict between the knights of Ishgard and the dragons of Dravania. Adventurers can also look forward to an increased level cap from 50 to 60 on all disciplines, a new playable race, new dungeons and raids, new primal battles, and the introduction of flying mounts that allow players to take to the skies on flying black chocobos®, single-rider airships, dragons and more!
“FINAL FANTASY XIV: HEAVENSWARD marks the beginning of the second season of our journey through the vast FINAL FANTASY XIV universe,” said Naoki Yoshida, producer and director of FINAL FANTASY XIV. “Having laid a strong foundation in A Realm Reborn®, we are extremely excited that Heavensward will build upon this with new and diverse gameplay and content that continue to be the hallmarks of the online FINAL FANTASY experience.”
Heavensward Key Features
- All the hallmarks of the FINAL FANTASY® franchise, including genre-leading graphics and real-time cut scenes, an all-new soundtrack, and an immersive story experience
- Level cap increased from level 50 to level 60
- Flying Mounts – Accompanying the vast new areas that feature floating islands are flying mounts for players to pilot such as the flying black chocobo and single-rider airships
- A New Playable Race, The Au Ra – with unique curved horns and scaled skin, the Au Ra hail from the eastern continent of Othard
- New Jobs: Dark Knight, Machinist and Astrologian – players will be able to master three FINAL FANTASY jobs such as dark knight (Tank) who wields a two-handed greatsword and the power of darkness, astrologian (Healer) who use a divining deck and star globe to call on the powers of the stars to heal allies and support party members, or machinist (DPS) who deals damage from afar by using a combination of firearms and mechanical turrets that can be deployed on the battlefield
- A New city-state: The Holy See of Ishgard
New beast tribes and powerful primals – Players will encounter the Vanu Vanu and their primal, Bismark, and the Gnath, and their primal Ravana, allowing players to form new allegiances
New high-end raids – includes a new raid dungeon series within the mechanical colossus “Alexander,” based off the legendary boss in the FINAL FANTASY series
New gear, recipes and more!
Recently surpassing 4 million adventurers worldwide for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, FINAL FANTASY XIV: HEAVENSWARD is available now on the PlayStation®3 system, PlayStation®4 system, Windows PC and for the first time, Mac OS. A free 30-day trial is included for new accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at £7.69 / 10.99 €. For newcomers to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, an all-in-one bundle including both the award-winning FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward is also available now.
For more information, visit: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/heavensward/
HEAVENSWARD Official Website: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/heavensward/
The Lodestone: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
Official Website: www.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Promo Site: eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV
Official Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN