Ares Games’ HELL WARDERS is launching on Steam Early Access (Windows only) in less than a week.
Combining elements of the hero and tower defense genres with a third-person perspective, Hell Warders introduces a new sub-genre: “action-defense.” Watch the trailer below – and you’ll see how it works:
In Hell Warders, you and your friends are tasked with defending the Nexus from unrelenting demon assaults. Play as Ash the Ember Knight or as cannon-wielding specialist Dead Eye the Tainted in teams of four to scout for power-ups and create an effective (and deadly) defensive perimeter.
Fight alone or alongside soldiers with distinct abilities to withstand the might of the demon horde across a number of thematic maps – each with its unique environmental twist. Set up archers, catapults, and mages – and carefully choose *where* to place them for maximum defensive cover. However, defending only goes so far: The demon army waits for no man and will ruthlessly attack from all angles! Vanquish demons with powerful weapons, unmatched hero skills, and even deployable towers.
Defend the Nexus. Stop the demon army. Take your place as the mightiest Hell Warder of all time!
- Action Tower Defense Mayhem: Heroes can unleash devastating abilities and deploy strategic towers in this new defense sub-genre.
- 4-Player Co-op: Combine forces and battle the legions of evil! Hell Warders supports cooperative play with friends or other fellow Warders online.
- Multiple Playable Classes: Choose from a roster of diverse heroes – each with unique skills and abilities.
- Dynamic Maps: Dodge flowing lava or fly on a giant spinning fan! Every map in Hell Warders is dynamic and opens up a ton of different strategies.
- Epic Enemies: From giant earth-shattering Wurms to magic wielding Liches, there’s no telling what else lies beyond the Gates of Hell …
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Hell Warders will arrive on Steam Early Access Tuesday, June 6 for $14.99 (Windows only).