It’s not enough to cast spells – shape them
Have you ever wanted to wield the forces of nature, pushing the limits of their destructive capabilities? Do you prefer your wizardry to be on the explosive side of things? Well you’re in luck, because Scraping Bottom Games announced today that action RPG Fictorum will launch on PC on August 9, 2017, with availability on Steam, GOG and Game Jolt.
Set against the backdrop of a desperate fight for survival, Fictorum casts players in the role of a powerful wizard who is the last of a forbidden magical order. Facing down the theocratic empire responsible for the Fictorum’s eradication, the Inquisition, players must flip this struggle on its head with an impressive array of destructive spells.
From flaming meteors and chain lightning, to pillars of ice, the Fictorum wields the power to demolish structures in a rain of debris, giving the Inquisition ample reason to fear them. Not enough destruction? Players can apply runes to each of the game’s spells to further augment them, allowing them to dynamically shape spells on the fly as they adapt to their surroundings. Need to take out a group of fast-moving enemies? Turn a regular old ball of plasma into a swarm of homing, explosive balls of plasma. Problem solved.
To accomplish the player’s ultimate goal of tracking down the Grand Inquisitor and avenging the order of the Fictorum, they must travel across a procedurally generated world map, weighing risk and reward. The decisions they make will impact the resistance they face and loot they find, resulting in a unique and explosive adventure across a broken world.
From dynamic spell-shaping to environmental destruction at your fingertips, are you ready to live out your wildest wizard power fantasies? If you’d like to keep up with Scraping Bottom Games’ development updates, be sure to check the game out on Steam, follow @Scraping_Bottom and visit http://www.fictorum.com.
- A new kind of spell-casting: Arm yourself with a wide array of spells and then unleash their true, destructive potential by altering their effects on the fly with spell-shaping.
- Destructible environments: Turn villages and castles against their inhabitants with well-placed spells, reducing them to deadly, flying debris.
- Choose your own adventure: Navigate a procedurally generated world map as you make choices that will alter the flow of your journey. Do you stop to help a wealthy town in need, or do you save your energy for later?
- Relive your past lives: Visit the Void to read up on the exploits of your previous incarnations, examining the choices that led them to their ultimate fate.
- Website: http://www.fictorum.com
- Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/503620/Fictorum
- Game Jolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/SBG-Fictorum/251028
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Scraping_Bottom
- Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/ScrapingBottomGames
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ScrapingBottomGames
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Fictorum