Bitbox, developer and publisher of the popular Life is Feudal series of games, launched today a new round of invite-only Beta testing for Life is Feudal: MMO, their massively multiplayer take on their top-selling medieval survival game – Life is Feudal: Your Own. Life is Feudal: MMO focuses on simulating life in the Middle Ages, with players working together to build functioning towns, cities, and kingdoms.
The Closed Beta begins today and will run for 2 weeks. Life is Feudal: MMO places players in a realistic, non-fantasy, medieval world where danger lurks around every corner. Players work together to gather resources, build shelter, craft tools and form a fully functioning feudal society in an harsh and unforgiving world. Players can take on many roles as they play – will you be a peasant farmer, the town baker, a gallant knight, a vassal, a king or something else? The choice is up to you and your Guild as you expand your territory in this Massively Multiplayer, group-focused life simulation and survival experience.
Life is Feudal: MMO is more than just a grand-scale survival game. To help illustrate just “how much more” it really is, Bitbox recently released a trailer that showcases the top 10 features of the game. Download or stream the trailer from the links below, and get a first-hand look at some of the game’s special features, including: terraforming, land claims, battle formations, realistic weather and climate zones and the unique health/stamina system.
Life is Feudal: MMO features include:
- Terraforming & Construction: deform terrain – Dig tunnels, raise or level hills, and build structures like stone towers, castles and more.
- Battle formation system: Players can be grouped up into battle formations to fight better together and gain damage bonuses.
- Crafting: Create tools, weapons and more from resources found within the world.
- Realistic Player Damage: Combat damage depends on weapons used, armor worn, your character’s current physical condition, etc.
- Full weather effects: There are five climate zones with distinct weather and length of seasons. Weather and climate have a real and meaningful impact. For example, trees grow better in colder temperatures and farming is best in warmer climate zones.
- Survival gameplay: Players must take into account things like hunger, blood loss, frostbite, and wild animals.
- Complex food and cooking system: Multiple ingredients when mixed with cooking skills create recipes to help keep players strong. Higher quality food equals better skill bonuses. It pays to keep a cooking master in the group, since their meals can provide bonuses to everyone.
- Double health and stamina bars: One HP bar measures physical health and the other consciousness. Lose all soft HP and you pass out, but lose all hard HP and you die. The Hard Stamina bar determines how long you can run long distance, while the Soft Bar measures sprinting and short duration activity.
- A huge persistent world: Explore a massive, no-loading screen world that spans 49 servers and would take several hours to cross on foot.
- Private property/land claims: Players and groups can lay claim to territory, which will protect it and buildings on it from random looters.
New in this round of Closed Beta testing is the Trading Post feature, which allows players to easily trade resources and crafted items with one another, and strengthen the game’s player-driven economy.
While players may start their adventure in Life is Feudal: MMO alone, as they gather and craft supplies needed to make it to the next day, they will quickly meet up with others to form groups, then guilds, and finally work their way up to complete medieval societies and nation-states. Life is Feudal: MMO is a realistic social experience, where the best way to thrive in the world is to work together and build a fully functioning society, where everyone has a place, from the most basic hunters and gatherers, to farmers, soldiers and civic leaders. There’s a place for everyone in Life is Feudal: MMO, and a world ready for them to explore!
Sign up for the Life is Feudal Beta today, visit play.lifeisfeudal.com. For more information, ‘Like’ it on Facebook and follow the game’s development on Twitter @LifeisFeudal for all the latest developer updates and news.