Are you looking to build your Steam library with truly brilliant games? The new Indie Legends 5 Bundle lets you do just that on a shoestring budget, with 8 awe-inspiring games for only $3.49 – a saving of over $125!
Here are 10 reasons why you owe it to yourself, and to your Steam library, to grab this amazing deal from Bundle Stars (www.bundlestars.com), before it disappears forever.
1. Never Alone: Arctic Collection is the winner of a coveted BAFTA Award for “Best Debut Game”. Why? Maybe it’s because it has been variously described by learned critics as charming, beautiful, stunningly poignant, and quite brilliant. Uniquely, 40 Alaska Native elders, storytellers and community members contributed to this film-quality platform game of survival in the treacherous Arctic tundra. Oh, and if that wasn’t enough already, buying the bundle also gives you the Foxtales DLC and orchestral soundtrack.
2. Remember the seminal real-time strategy (RTS) games, Command & Conquer and Dune II by Westwood Studios? Grey Goo: Definitive Edition is a new, award-winning RTS created by Petroglyph Games, the company formed by ex-Westwood employees who resigned when their company was shut down by Electronic Arts in 2003. As you’d expect, Grey Goo rocks. So much so, that IGN called it “the best traditional RPS not made by Blizzard in the last five years.”
3. 12 is Better Than 6 has been likened to “Hotline Miami set in the Wild West”, which is a match made in heaven if you’re a fan of Westworld. This is the gloriously gory shooter’s bundle debut. Its stylish, hand-drawn visuals and stealth/action gameplay have drawn rave reviews from gun-fighting gamers and critics alike.
4. Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball. Yes, it’s as awesome as it sounds. This is an utterly refreshing arena shooter, expertly executed. Race around a dance club cum skate park and nail each other with bouncy projectiles. Trick shots, power-ups, custom modes, local split-screen, online multiplayer and solo challenges vs AI await in this FPS future sport.
5. Ready to unleash your creative genius? Experience the truly epic community-made blueprints in From the Depths. Then build and command your own voxel vehicles from the deep ocean to outer space, including battleships, planes, submarines and space ships.
6. Want to build and destroy LEGO castles, but without the mess? Welcome to the world of CastleStorm, a super genre mashup of Angry Birds-style physics destruction, mashed with interactive tower defense elements. Send out troops, cast spells, load the ballista and assume control of heroes to dominate the battlefield.
7. Memoria is an absorbing point and click adventure that dares to be different. Two stories, and two main characters, combine to create one epic experience. Travel through different time periods, following two distinct protagonists.
8. The eighth game in the bundle comes highly recommended by some of the biggest websites on the planet. Papa & Yo was awarded Kotaku’s Game of the Year, and was described by TIME Magazine as one of the top games of 2012. It also has a 94% rating from Steam users. Papo & Yo is a beautifully crafted puzzle platformer, and a triumph of storytelling.
9. The Indie Legends bundles never disappoint. The combined average Steam user reviews of all 8 games in this collection? A mighty 85%. And between them, the titles have received over 25 awards, commendations and nominations. Sweet.
10. As if that wasn’t enough, when you pick up Indie Legends 5, you also get emailed a coupon code giving you a 10% saving on your next Bundle Stars purchase. Bonus!